Sr. Backend Software Engineer - Data Platform
Who We Are
Addepar’s purpose is to maximize the positive impact of the world’s capital. More than 850 of the world’s leading financial services firms trust Addepar to unlock the power and possibility of informed, data-driven investing and advice. These family offices, wealth managers, banks and institutions use Addepar’s tech and data platform to deliver exceptional value to their clients in a modern, scalable and secure way.
Our clients use Addepar to manage and advise on more than $4 trillion in assets. Our board and investors are some of the best in the business: D1 Capital, WestCap, 8VC and Valor Equity Partners have led our last few rounds.
We’re now expanding Addepar’s business around the globe, with clients in more than 30 countries. We’re constantly doubling down on tech- and data-fueled innovation, and our product and platform roadmap is more ambitious today than ever. We place our clients at the center of everything we do, and see a virtually unlimited set of opportunities to expand our client footprint and deepen the value we can unlock by building together.
Addepar is a Forbes Fintech 50 company and an honored member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City, Chicago, London, England, Edinburgh, Scotland and Pune, India.
*Marketplace and brokerage services provided by Acervus Securities, Inc., an SEC registered broker‑dealer and member FINRA / SIPC.
We are currently seeking a senior backend software engineer to join our operating platform group! The operating platform is the single source of truth for data within Addepar and includes a centralized and self-describing repository (a.k.a Data Lake). The backend engineering teams here at Addepar are passionate about handling large volumes of data, and the engineering challenges in building the distributed systems responsible for automated data ingestion and transformation. In this role, you will have the opportunity to use the newest technology stacks to build the next generation of the entire data pipeline and infrastructure of Addepar. We are looking for engineers with extensive experience designing and implementing data architectures through the use of PySpark integrated with Databricks.
Addepar takes a market-based approach to pay. A successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on the role, job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target base salary for roles in Colorado, California, and New York.
The current range for this role is $144,000 - $270,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Additionally, these ranges reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
What You’ll Do
- Architect, implement, and maintain engineering solutions to solve sophisticated problems; write well-designed, testable code.
- Lead individual project priorities and solutions.
- Collaborate effectively with product managers, engineers and partners on projects.
- Communicate technical ideas and set direction on projects with a focus on solving business challenges.
- Mentor other specialists on the team.
- Document software functionality, system design, and project plans; this includes clean, readable code with comments.
- Promote engineering standard methodologies and principles.
Who You Are
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or similar technical field of study (or equivalent practical experience.).
- 6+ years working as a professional software engineer
- Experience in building and evolving large-scale, impactful distributed systems.
- Experience architecting and developing data-processing pipeline infrastructure.
- Project work with PySpark is preferred.
- A strong ownership mentality and drive to solve the most important problems.
- Experience in the financial technology space or investment management is a plus.
- Passion for implementing standard processes with a bias toward automation.
- Proven track record to collaborate with and mentor other engineers.
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Something looks off?