Sr. Backend Software Engineer - Calculations
Who We Are
Addepar’s purpose is to maximize the positive impact of the world’s capital. More than 850 of the world’s leading financial services firms trust Addepar to unlock the power and possibility of informed, data-driven investing and advice. These family offices, wealth managers, banks and institutions use Addepar’s tech and data platform to deliver exceptional value to their clients in a modern, scalable and secure way.
Our clients use Addepar to manage and advise on more than $4 trillion in assets. Our board and investors are some of the best in the business: D1 Capital, WestCap, 8VC and Valor Equity Partners have led our last few rounds.
We’re now expanding Addepar’s business around the globe, with clients in more than 30 countries. We’re constantly doubling down on tech- and data-fueled innovation, and our product and platform roadmap is more ambitious today than ever. We place our clients at the center of everything we do, and see a virtually unlimited set of opportunities to expand our client footprint and deepen the value we can unlock by building together.
Addepar is a Forbes Fintech 50 company and an honored member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City, Chicago, London, England, Edinburgh, Scotland and Pune, India.
We are seeking a Backend Software Engineer to join our Investment Management Products team.
Our team is focused on building outstanding user experiences, powerful APIs, and sophisticated analysis and visualization tools for our global customer base of Financial Advisors and Wealth Managers.
We partner closely with a world-class team of designers and product managers, and put the experiences of our customers at the forefront of every initiative.
Our products are rapidly being adopted across the Wealth Management industry, and as we modernize and upgrade our core product, we are also making use of our APIs to build out entirely new products and features. We pride ourselves on delivering robust, secure, and highly usable applications.
The Calculations team builds sophisticated financial math functions into Addepar, with an emphasis on scalability and performance. Our algorithms comprise the foundation of the analytics platform!
Addepar takes a market-based approach to pay. A successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on the role, job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target base salary for roles in Colorado, California, and New York.
The current range for this role is $144,000 - $270,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Additionally, these ranges reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
What You’ll Do
- Enhance the performance and capabilities of the core Addepar calculations engine, analyzing millions of transactions and securities every day
- Iterate and evolve APIs which clients depend on for 100k+ requests per day
- Create innovative and impactful features that delight our users
- Collaborate on architecture designs, product features, and code reviews
- Own software features from inception through delivery
- Mentor junior developers towards engineering excellence
Who You Are
- 5+ years of professional backend software engineering experience
- Experience with server-side languages like Java, Python, or C++
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server)
- Experience working with memory sensitive applications
- Experience architecting APIs for scale and convenience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bonus: Experience building backwards compatible systems
- Bonus: Familiarity with distributed cache tooling (Redis/ElastiCache/Memcached/etc.)
- Bonus: Experience using test tooling for automating coverage (Locust/Postman Scripting/Cucumber/etc.)
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.