Sr. Release Engineer
Who We Are
Addepar’s purpose is to maximize the positive impact of the world’s capital. More than 850 of the world’s leading financial services firms trust Addepar to unlock the power and possibility of informed, data-driven investing and advice. These family offices, wealth managers, banks and institutions use Addepar’s tech and data platform to deliver exceptional value to their clients in a modern, scalable and secure way.
Our clients use Addepar to manage and advise on more than $4 trillion in assets. Our board and investors are some of the best in the business: D1 Capital, WestCap, 8VC and Valor Equity Partners have led our last few rounds.
We’re now expanding Addepar’s business around the globe, with clients in more than 30 countries. We’re constantly doubling down on tech- and data-fueled innovation, and our product and platform roadmap is more ambitious today than ever. We place our clients at the center of everything we do, and see a virtually unlimited set of opportunities to expand our client footprint and deepen the value we can unlock by building together.
Addepar is a Forbes Fintech 50 company and an honored member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City, Chicago, London, England, Edinburgh, Scotland and Pune, India.
*Marketplace and brokerage services provided by Acervus Securities, Inc., an SEC registered broker‑dealer and member FINRA / SIPC.
We are currently seeking a Release Engineer to join our Engineering Productivity team!
As a Release Engineer, you will act as the central point of control and contact for software release efforts and be responsible for coordination, timeline, and quality gating of delivery to production. This position will be responsible for additional projects or tasks in alignment with the level and scope of the position. The engineer in this role ultimately requires a broad knowledge of a range of technology disciplines such as cloud technologies and CI/CD pipelines, and an understanding of infrastructure change control and release management. Ideal candidates enjoy working on a variety of different topics and process driven projects. In addition to excellent technical ability, communication skills, and problem solving approaches are critical to this role.
What You’ll Do
- Implement and complete deployment tasks and processes for production and staging environments.
- Manage pre and post-production cloud infrastructure (we use AWS and Kubernetes)
- Handle risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Collaboration with multiple Engineering teams across different time zones: Quality, Infrastructure Platform, DBA, Operations and Observability to support and improve existing automated test and release processes
- Tackle infrastructure and application performance issues, and find and improve performance bottlenecks
- Supervises tasks and sub-tasks in the incident tracking tool for releases
- Review and update domain playbooks and build a combined release playbook (single source of truth) for scheduled and corrective releases
- Track implementation, validation, and roll-back plans for all releases in documentation
- Lead the oversight and maintenance of Addepar’s platform staging environment as 1-to-1 match of existing production environments including infrastructure deploys, patch management and service availability
- Participate in the team's 24/7 on-call rotation and maintenance to support customer needs
- Build, track, and maintain release engineering reports for leadership
- Mentorship of less experienced released engineers providing technical guidance and oversight
Who You Are
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience with any applied aspect of UNIX/BSD/Linux internals
- 7+ years experience as a Release Engineer, DevOps (or equivalent role).
- Experience with cloud-based deployment tools ( ArgoCD, Kustomize, Helm, etc.)
- Solid coding skills with Python, Shell, or other programming/scripting languages.(We use python [boto3], shell, and general UNIX tools)
- Proficient with Cloud environment fundamentals (we use AWS), Docker, Containerization knowledge. (k8s a must or AWS EKS)
- Proficient with CI tools such as Jenkins, Teamcity, or others
- Experience with build tools like buck, bazel or similar tools like maven, gradle is a must
- Experience with Git/GitHub (GH Actions knowledge is a plus)
- Ability to work shift based work hours and on-call support to meet Addepar’s customer needs
- Ability to work under minimal direction with extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgment
- (Bonus) Familiar with standard security practices and also be able to identify any potential application specific vulnerabilities
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Something looks off?