Sr. Corporate Counsel - Technology Transactions & Privacy
Who We Are
Addepar is a global technology and data company that helps investment professionals provide the most informed, precise guidance for their clients. Hundreds of thousands of users have trusted Addepar to empower smarter investment decisions and better advice over the last decade. With client presence in more than 40 countries, Addepar’s platform aggregates portfolio, market and client data for over $4.5 trillion in assets. Addepar’s open platform integrates with more than 100 software, data and services partners to deliver a complete solution for a wide range of firms and use cases. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City, Chicago, London, Dublin, Edinburgh, Scotland and Pune, India.
Addepar is seeking a senior corporate attorney with a mix of law firm and in-house experience to join its Legal team! The ideal candidate will have the ability to think and act both strategically and tactically with respect to the needs of business clients and their objectives while ensuring that the corporation remains aligned with internal protocols, relevant privacy- and data-related laws, as well as industry best practices.
Addepar takes a market-based approach to pay. A successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on the role, job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target base salary for roles in Colorado, California, and New York.
The current range for this role is $162,000 - $252,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Additionally, these ranges reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
What You’ll Do
As a senior member of the legal team, you will be responsible for supporting:
- Sales, Partnerships and Services teams on technology and related transactions, including negotiating enterprise-level agreements;
- Finance team on procurement and billing (including disputes) matters arising from client and vendor contracts; and
- Information Security and Compliance teams on risk management, data security, and policy drafting and implementation.
You will also:
- Serve as primary internal point-of-contact and subject matter expert for all inquiries related to data privacy and usage restrictions, providing strategic and practical advice in line with legal requirements and company protocols;
- Scope international privacy compliance requirements to support jurisdictional expansion and collaborate with technology and product team members to assure that Addepar meets these requirements;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of evolving data protection laws and provide advice, education and training on the related impact to business operations and contractual relationships; and
- Have primary responsibility for updating privacy-related policies and contractual terms, as well as data processing agreements, as needed.
Who You Are
- At least 6 years advising on, negotiating and drafting complex technology and other agreements, including subscription/license (inbound and outbound) agreements, master services agreements, professional services agreements, vendor agreements, and alliance/partnership/reseller agreements
- Expertise in global privacy and data regulatory laws and frameworks, including GLBA, CCPA/CPRA, and GDPR
- Highly collaborative and capable of working cross-functionally with multiple teams in a fast-paced work environment
- A risk-based approach with the ability to succinctly identify critical areas of concern and construct legally-compliant, commercially-viable solutions
- Experience and interest in new and emerging technologies and associated privacy and cybersecurity implications
- Bar admission (NY or CA preferred)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- A background in financial services and/or fintech, including broker/dealer regulations and market data
- CIPP certification or equivalent
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.