Software Engineer in Test - Quality Engineering (Pune)
Who We Are
Addepar’s purpose is to maximize the positive impact of the world’s capital. More than 850 of the world’s leading financial services firms trust Addepar to unlock the power and possibility of informed, data-driven investing and advice. These family offices, wealth managers, banks and institutions use Addepar’s tech and data platform to deliver exceptional value to their clients in a modern, scalable and secure way.
Our clients use Addepar to manage and advise on more than $4 trillion in assets. Our board and investors are some of the best in the business: D1 Capital, WestCap, 8VC and Valor Equity Partners have led our last few rounds.
We’re now expanding Addepar’s business around the globe, with clients in more than 30 countries. We’re constantly doubling down on tech- and data-fueled innovation, and our product and platform roadmap is more ambitious today than ever. We place our clients at the center of everything we do, and see a virtually unlimited set of opportunities to expand our client footprint and deepen the value we can unlock by building together.
Addepar is a Forbes Fintech 50 company and an honored member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City, Chicago, London, England, Edinburgh, Scotland and Pune, India.
The Quality Platform team, consisting of Quality Engineers and Release Management, is entrusted with being the last bastion of scrutiny before we release our products to our clients.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer in Test to join our Quality Engineering team. As a Quality Automation Engineer, you will work closely with our collaborators, including but not limited to Developers, SRE, Security Engineers, DevOps, etc, to deliver high-quality software.
The ideal candidate will have a background in a technical field, and have strong test engineering or automation experience. You are methodical, a self-starter, and passionate about quality which is key to the growth and success of our products. Experience in financial market experience is a plus.
What You’ll Do
- Support Addepar’s strategic vision to expand the core product offering with the development of a Portfolio Accounting system (Internal Book of Records) among other high visibility initiatives
- Work with Engineering teams across different time zones in the US, India, and Scotland
- Collaborate with Software, Infrastructure, and Quality Engineers on automated test design and execution at different levels (unit, component, integration, end-to-end)
- Lead automation efforts that align with product objectives and develop scalable solutions
- Partner with engineering and infrastructure teams to use automation for scalable solutions to prevent regressions and ensure product reliability
- Help address cross-platform engineering challenges and contribute creative automation strategies to improve quality
- Evolve and participate in CI/CD release processes to scale automation efforts across multiple products and platforms
- Work on building a testing-driven engineering culture that helps ship products rapidly and confidently
- Define automation metrics and implement measurements to determine test effectiveness, testing efficiency, and measure the overall quality of the product
Who You Are
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- 7+ years experience working as an Automation/Software Engineer in Test (or equivalent role)
- 1+ years of team lead experience (people management not required)
- It is very important that the person in this role can define strategic solutions for our test automation and drive them to implementation. They not only need to be a strong hands-on coder, but also a strong strategic problem solver and collaborator.
- Knowledge of regression, performance, and load testing
- Technical Test Lead role (ability to do the work and mentor SDETs)
- Proficient in GitHub, RESTful API test tools, test infrastructure, and CI systems
- Familiarity with some testing frameworks such as Selenium WebDriver, Pytest, or others.
- Experience testing on cloud-native application (preferably AWS)
- Ability to design, implement, and test automation frameworks
- Work with and implement test libraries and tools to enhance test automation efficiency
- Work closely with Developers to ensure CI coverage
- Design and implement test tools for E2E system and load and performance testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.