Manager, Software Engineering - Client ID and Access Management
Who We Are
Addepar is a global technology and data company that helps investment professionals provide the most informed, precise guidance for their clients. Hundreds of thousands of users have trusted Addepar to empower smarter investment decisions and better advice over the last decade. With client presence in more than 40 countries, Addepar’s platform aggregates portfolio, market and client data for over $4.5 trillion in assets. Addepar’s open platform integrates with more than 100 software, data and services partners to deliver a complete solution for a wide range of firms and use cases. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City, Chicago, London, Dublin, Edinburgh, Scotland and Pune, India.
We’re looking for an expert, meticulous engineering manager and operator who will build an inclusive team culture, empower engineers to succeed, and cultivate an environment that creates high quality engineering processes and service delivery. You are passionate about technology and can amplify your technical knowledge via your team. You’ll work closely with peers across our product engineering, infrastructure, platform, and operations teams to deliver and support an API surface and Client Identity and Access Management services for Addepar Products.
Our engineering team primarily works in Java and Python, with standard protocols and industry-leading vendors in the API Gateway and Authorization/Authentication space. We establish standards for how Addepar's products are made available to industry partners, internal and external developers, and clients.
We use Agile methodologies to ensure we stay aligned with our internal and external customers and business goals. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Hiring, coaching and mentoring a team of software engineers
- Driving software delivery and improving engineering processes
- Collaborating across a broad swath of engineering and non-engineering partners to deliver impactful business outcomes for our clients.
- Using your skill at communication to synthesize the technical expertise of your team into understandable projects, roadmaps and milestones.
Addepar takes a market-based approach to pay. A successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on the role, job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target base salary for roles in Colorado, California, and New York.
The current range for this role is $158,000 - $248,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Additionally, these ranges reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
Who You Are
- 7+ years experience as a professional software engineer with at least 3+ years leading successful teams.
- Extensive experience authoring resilient and scalable systems. Ideally, a background building solutions with a secure API surface at high scale, using standard access patterns such as OAuth and SSO.
- Proven ability to collaborate with and mentor other engineers.
- A strong, hands-on technical mindset. A desire to leverage your technical expertise, and to focus the abilities of those on your team.
- Ability to drive delivery within goal-setting frameworks such as OKRs and to build iterative solutions and respond to client feedback.
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.