Strategy + Operations Analyst
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Autonomous robots at work outdoors will soon be everywhere - at Burro, we’re building this future as we pursue our mission to free people from tedious work on farms / outdoors. Today, we are one of the top 3 robotics companies in agriculture, by number of robots running with paying customers, and are growing rapidly as we solve the critical labor shortages faced by farmers and others that work outdoors.
To accomplish our mission, we need a world-class, diverse team where everyone feels comfortable sharing their ideas, and strive to create a work environment where every employee can be themselves and express their perspective – this enables us to deliver the most creative and innovative solutions to problems our customers face.
Headquartered in Philadelphia with an office in central California, and backed by top Agtech and autonomy investors, including S2G, Cibus, FPrime, Toyota Ventures, FFVC, Xplorer, and Radicle, Burro is an autonomy company beginning in agriculture, and building a solution to labor shortages.
Burros can be described as Disney's Wall-E for agriculture and work outdoors, in a 1.0 format. They function, today, as computer vision based autonomous ground vehicles for carrying, towing, and scouting, and are designed to lay the base for the fully autonomous future of work outdoors. We have a growing triple digit fleet deployed in paid commercial use within permanent crops (berries/vineyards/citrus), nurseries, and beyond, and demand for our product is accelerating, so we are growing our team.
About you: You believe in our mission, and are passionate about autonomy in real-world-use. You are motivated by making a direct impact on the trajectory of the company you work for, and are intensely curious about the market, technology, and product. You have the resilience to defeat complex problems, and love to build, analyze, and improve products and processes alongside a highly-driven team. In this role, you'll be a core part of our growing commercial and operations teams, collaborating daily with customers, suppliers and manufacturing partners, accounting/finance, sales, robot support, field support, and our engineering team to drive top and bottom line growth.
- Report to the COO and interface directly with the rest of company leadership team and board of directors - through this interaction, craft analysis, presentations, and other strategy materials in support of fundraising efforts, operations, board/investor communication, business development, and other critical company priorities
- Develop and execute manufacturing strategy through supplier and manufacturing partner selection and management
- Become the production process subject matter expert, capable of training direct labor and troubleshooting build issues; delivery high quality products, on-time
- Source and plan incoming material to support manufacturing build plan and spare part demand
- Strategically assess our internal business processes, identifying gaps and improvements, and managing the implementation of tools, systems, and processes
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to create compelling, data-backed, value propositions for customers; support pricing and margin analyses to ensure we are maximizing value capture and achieving financial milestones
- Be the swiss army knife of our organization - bring existing tools to the table and be eager to develop new ones
- Fierce work ethic and self-motivated; independently drive responsibilities to closure
- Outstanding team contributor and influencer, able to work on and lead cross-functional teams including engineers, customers, sales/field support, suppliers and manufacturing partners, etc.
- Ability to take complex, ambiguous concepts, distilling them into clear action plans
- Deep passion for commercial robotics, and excitement to figure out how to scale
- Exposure to some or all of the following: discrete manufacturing processes, supply chain sourcing and planning, design for manufacturability, Lean/6Sigma continuous improvement, new market entry and go-to-market strategy development, strategy deployment, new product introduction, business development, business process design, project management
- 2-5 years of experience in an analytical role in consulting, VC/PE, strategy, or with a manufacturing company
- Undergraduate degree in business, engineering, liberal arts, or other related field
- Travel up to 20%
- Competitive compensation and benefits package (medical/dental/vision)
- 401K Plan
- Early-stage equity
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work possible
RECRUITERS: We are not accepting agency resumes for this position. Please do not forward or submit resumes through our website or to any of our employees directly. Burro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.
See more open positions at Burro
Something looks off?