Senior Full Stack Developer
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2023
Burro is the leading robotics company in the world by number of robots working outdoors in the field with real customers. Our mission is to free people from tedious work and solve the critical labor shortages faced by farmers and others that work outdoors.
To accomplish our mission, we need a world-class, diverse team where everyone feels comfortable sharing their ideas. With this in mind, we strive to create a work environment where every employee can be themselves and express their perspective – this enables us to deliver the most creative and innovative solutions to problems our customers face.
Headquartered in Philadelphia with an office in central California, and backed by top Agtech and autonomy investors, including S2G, Cibus, FPrime, Toyota Ventures, FFVC, Xplorer, and Radicle, Burro was created to solve the labor shortages facing farmers using robotics.
Burros can be described as Disney's Wall-E for agriculture and work outdoors, in a 1.0 format. They function, today, as computer vision based autonomous ground vehicles for carrying, towing, and scouting, and are designed to lay the base for the fully autonomous future of work outdoors. We have a growing triple digit fleet deployed in paid commercial use within vineyards, nurseries, berries, and beyond, and demand for our product is accelerating, so we are growing our team.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Full Stack Software Developer to bring their experience and expertise to our growing team. The ideal candidate will have proven experience developing robust, scalable web applications.
- Lead the design, development, and deployment of our web-based route creation and management software, Atlas.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including robotics engineers, product managers, and field operations, to understand the requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Develop and maintain a sophisticated map creation web application using TypeScript and Leaflet-Geoman, ensuring a seamless user experience.
- Design and implement responsive, user-friendly, and visually appealing web interfaces to visualize and interact with maps and customer’s fleets of robots.
- Create and optimize backend services and APIs to support the application's functionality and performance while ensuring high availability and reliability.
- Implement and maintain database solutions to manage geospatial and user data, with an emphasis on data redundancy and failover mechanisms for robust support.
- Conduct code reviews, troubleshoot and debug issues, and optimize application performance to ensure it meets high-quality standards and can handle a high volume of concurrent users.
- Write clear and maintainable documentation for code, APIs, and system architecture.Collaborate with the quality assurance team to ensure the application is thoroughly tested and meets the desired quality standards, including stress testing and failover scenarios.
- Collaborate with the quality assurance team to ensure the application is thoroughly tested and meets the desired quality standards, including stress testing and failover scenarios.
- Participate in agile development processes, including sprint planning, stand-ups, and retrospectives.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies to continually improve the application's capabilities.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience developing both front-end (React, TypeScript) and back-end (Node.js) web applications.
- Experience with configuring, deploying, and managing AWS services (EC2, Lambda, API Gateway).
- Proficiency with RESTful APIs and web services.
- Solid understanding of geospatial data, GIS, and mapping concepts.
- Knowledge of database systems, especially those relevant to geospatial data, such as PostGIS, MongoDB, DynamoDB, or MySQL.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a commitment to writing clean, maintainable code.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with Leaflet-Geoman or other mapping libraries.
- Experience with Flutter.
- Experience in robotics or automation is a plus, but not mandatory.
- Competitive salary and benefits package (medical/dental/vision)
- Early-Stage Equity
- 401K Plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
RECRUITERS: We are not accepting agency resumes for this position. Please do not forward or submit resumes through our website or to any of our employees directly. Burro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.