Robotics Software Engineer
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
Burro is the leading robotics company in the world by number of robots working outdoors in the field with real customers. Our mission is to free people from tedious work and solve the critical labor shortages faced by farmers and others that work outdoors.
To accomplish our mission, we need a world-class, diverse team where everyone feels comfortable sharing their ideas. With this in mind, we strive to create a work environment where every employee can be themselves and express their perspective – this enables us to deliver the most creative and innovative solutions to problems our customers face.
Headquartered in Philadelphia with an office in central California, and backed by top Agtech and autonomy investors, including S2G, Cibus, FPrime, Toyota Ventures, FFVC, Xplorer, and Radicle, Burro was created to solve the labor shortages facing farmers using robotics.
Burros can be described as Disney's Wall-E for agriculture and work outdoors, in a 1.0 format. They function, today, as computer vision based autonomous ground vehicles for carrying, towing, and scouting, and are designed to lay the base for the fully autonomous future of work outdoors. We have a growing triple digit fleet deployed in paid commercial use within vineyards, nurseries, berries, and beyond, and demand for our product is accelerating, so we are growing our team.
We are seeking a robotics engineer to bring their experience and expertise to our growing team. The ideal candidate should have proven experience in robotics software development and in solving real world perception problems.
- Implement state of the art perception algorithms to improve robustness and autonomy
- Optimize perception software for real-time performance considering constraints of a robotics platform
- Collaborate with controls and motion planning to integrate perception systems to the broader robotics architecture
- Help build tools and infrastructure needed to validate performance of said perception algorithms and test them
- Document software development processes and system designs
- Develop production quality code and participate in code reviews
- 2+ years of experience developing software for robotics/mechatronic systems
- M.S. in Robotics or equivalent
- 2+ years writing code (C++, python)
- Experience with using tools and libraries like OpenCV, PyTorch, numpy, scipy, sklearn, etc.
- Experience with Linux/Unix environments
- Understanding of ROS, or equivalently purposed systems
- Experience with classical computer vision methods including feature detection and matching, image preprocessing, filtering, object tracking, edge detection, transforms, and optical flow
- Experience with deep learning computer vision algorithms including classification, object detection, and segmentation
- Good knowledge of all components of a robotic system
- Competitive salary and benefits package (medical/dental/vision)
- Early-Stage Equity
- 401K Plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
This is an immediate opening for 2023.
Work location is in-person in Philadelphia, PA.
RECRUITERS: We are not accepting agency resumes for this position. Please do not forward or submit resumes through our website or to any of our employees directly. Burro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.