Whether they’re building great payment software or collaborating with a client, every CardFlight employee is committed to empowering small businesses to accept electronic payments with ease. Our team works primarily remote in over 20 US states and is passionate about delivering easy to use software to help small businesses accept payments from their customers. Joining our team means that you will be part of a fast-growing startup, work collaboratively with others, and have a direct impact on the payments industry. Our signature product, SwipeSimple, is used by 125,000+ small businesses across the country.
What You’ll Do
- Facilitate career growth in a team of engineers, including performance reviews, goal-setting, and regular 1:1’s.
- Drive team to sustainably high output
- Ensure the team has the right process in place for them to succeed
- Build team cohesion and facilitate team building activities
- Participate in leadership discussions to drive the department forward
- Work across teams to solve problems and coordinate major initiatives
- Provide input and feedback on department wide policies and processes
- Partner with team members such as Product Managers, Tech Leads, and other department stakeholders, to ensure that team level goals are being met.
- Participate in the recruitment process across the department
- Get involved with company-wide meetings and outings
- Become immersed in the payments industry
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- 2+ years professional experience leading a team, including resource planning, goal setting, performance management, and direct/formal mentorship of team members
- Experience building a team and all aspects of recruiting including interviewing, conducting reference checks, and making hiring decisions
- 5+ years professional experience as a full time software engineer
- Experience successfully balancing multiple priorities and switching contexts to unblock others
- Very strong communication skills, including the ability to explain complex or nuanced concepts successfully, both verbally and in writing
What We’d Love for You to Have
- Experience as a tech lead or software architect
- Fluency with both mobile and web technologies
- Experience with a growth-stage company and solving issues that arise out of scaling complex systems, preferably in a SaaS or other B2B environment
- BS or Masters Degree in Computer Science
Why You’ll Love CardFlight
- Location-neutral work environment
- Home-office equipment stipend
- Flexible paid time off
- Employee Engagement (Lunch & Learns, team building events)
- Learning & Development culture
- Competitive health benefits
- Competitive compensation and company ownership/stock options
- And more!!
The standard annual base pay range for this role is $150,000 - $200,000. In addition to a competitive base salary, this position is also eligible for cash bonus and equity awards based on factors such as experience and performance. At CardFlight, we lead with respect for one another, our customers and business partners, vendors, and prospective employees. Our objective is to ensure CardFlight team members are passionate about the growth of our company, supported in their personal growth and development, and connected to their colleagues. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?