Whether they’re building great payment software or collaborating with a client, every CardFlight employee is committed to empowering small businesses to accept electronic payments with ease. Our team works in over 20 US states and is passionate about delivering easy to use software to help small businesses accept payments from their customers. Joining our team means that you will be part of a fast-growing startup, work collaboratively with others, and have a direct impact on the payments industry. Our signature product, SwipeSimple, is used by 125,000+ small businesses across the country.
We're currently looking for an Inventory Manager to join our team. This role will oversee and execute daily processes related to hardware fulfillment, inventory management, organizing large sets of data from incoming and outgoing units, and general office operations. CardFlight serves over 125,000 merchants with our product, SwipeSimple, and relies on the efficiency and effectiveness of our Inventory Team to get card readers and terminals in the hands of our customers. This role serves cross-functionally between multiple groups across a rapidly growing SaaS company.
The position reports to the Director, Business Operations (Supply Chain and Data Analytics) and is located in our Lincoln, Nebraska office. It is a Full-Time position with standard in-office hours of 8am-5pm.
If you are looking to:
- Independently lead and execute on-site operations
- Be the go-to person for daily on-site operational needs at a company
- Use your skills to make a large, direct impact at a fast growing SaaS company
- Work standard Monday-Friday business hours with little to no weekend / late night expectations
This is the perfect role for you.
Scope of Role
The role will be on the Inventory team under the Finance and Business Operations umbrella of the organization. This individual will own and execute day-to-day inventory responsibilities, manage our only in-person office located in Lincoln, NE and be the key on-site partner for a the Business Operations team. This individual will be responsible for ensuring in-office functions are accurate and efficient, while also helping set direction for the Inventory team.
What You’ll Do
Packing and Shipping
- Receive and verify accuracy of incoming inventory
- Ensure proper packaging, labeling, and tracking of shipments
- Coordinate and schedule inbound and outbound deliveries including storage and shipment of packed products
- Help improve and build out new processes related to order fulfillment, serial tracking, etc.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
Supply Chain On-Site Management
- Maintain accurate records of inventory, shortages, and discrepancies by completing regular cycle counts as required
- Communicate to internal company stakeholders
- Own supply management of both inventory and office supplies
- Analyze needs and set priorities for in-office team
- Ensure inventory is stored in an efficient and safe manner
- Manage relationships with office vendors (Internet, landlord, cleaning company, etc.)
- Assist the People team in planning in-person events, as needed
- Get involved with company-wide meetings and outings
- Become immersed in the payments industry
- Stay up-to-date on general shipping regulations
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- 2-4 years of experience owning or leading a business function or 5-10 years retail/restaurant/hotel management experience
- Basic Inventory Quality Assurance and Inventory Management experience (i.e. retail goods)
- Ability to stand for long periods and lift up to 50 lbs unassisted
- Comfortable working independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to tailor different levels of communication to different audiences
- ‘Can do’ attitude, and ability to independently navigate through ambiguity
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven success managing a medium-large project from end-to-end
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility in the work they do
- Detail-oriented and ability to prioritize tasks, while also able to see the full picture
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Google Sheets and/or equivalent Microsoft Office products such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word, or willingness to learn
The standard annual base pay range for this role is $50,000-$70,000. In addition to a competitive base salary, this position is also eligible for cash bonus and equity awards based on factors such as experience and performance. At CardFlight, we lead with respect for one another, our customers and business partners, vendors, and prospective employees. Our objective is to ensure CardFlight team members are passionate about the growth of our company, supported in their personal growth and development, and connected to their colleagues. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.