Software Engineer | Santa Barbara, CA or Remote
cielo24 is searching for a Software Engineer to join our talented engineering team, with a focus of designing and enhancing solutions to further expand our video data and AI training platform’s capabilities.
As part of our engineering team, you will play a critical role in the design & development of our platform and products, contributing to new feature implementations, striving for operational efficiency, as well as identifying and spearheading platform improvements. You are comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment with frequent change.
The ideal candidate will find the balance between maintaining the platform, improving the platform, with a goal of delivering quality products to market.
A scrappy and versatile Python (Django) developer looking to be a part of an earlier stage startup. The perfect candidate will not only possess the technical skills required, but will also be a terrific culture fit for our small, close-knit team, including the following attributes:
- Strong software development methods and full stack versatility at scale
- Prefers and thrives in a smaller, earlier stage company
- Loves to see the big picture and influence the entire technology stack
- A natural problem solver, willing to get their hands “dirty” to tackle issues
- The desire to see results quickly and make a high impact
- The ability to collaborate with a small team
- Minimum 3 years’ professional experience with Python (Django)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience developing complex workflows and orchestrations at scale
- Strong understanding of asynchronous task queue/job concepts
- Proficiency in data stores, specifically PostgreSQL and Redis
- General knowledge of cloud-based, containerized infrastructure (Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes/Docker)
- Ability to write unit tests within a continuous integration framework
- Strong independent nature, ability to manage own tasks, taking ownership and responsibility for product quality
- Willingness to provide mentorship as well as to be mentored
- Inherent attention to detail with analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills with all levels of the organization and its customers and partners
- Ability to conceptualize and architect distributed systems spanning multiple servers and systems
- Experience and passion utilizing machine learning in media use cases
- Git and JIRA experience
- Video formatting, subtitles, codecs knowledge
- Envisions a final product early in the design and development process
- Participates as part of a team, understanding the various work styles of others and their roles on the team.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment to the goals and objectives of the team. Seeks help from other team members as appropriate.
- Embraces entrepreneurial spirit in work through recognizing and capitalizing on opportunities to improve the organization.
Compensation & Benefits
cielo24 offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefit package including: health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, and unlimited (approved) paid vacation. This position is based in Santa Barbara, CA, or remote for the right candidate.
cielo24 delivers video data solutions that maximizes content ROI via a hybrid machine + human platform. We provide video transcription (timed transcripts) and intelligence (topics, keywords, captions etc.) to clients in the entertainment, enterprise and online education industries. Our video data solutions power video discovery, engagement, reach & compliance. In our next chapter, the company is leveraging its large scale human workflow engine to train and warrant the accuracy of AI systems. Learn more at https://cielo24.com/about
cielo24 is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.Apply Online