UAV Test Pilot - Co Offaly
Manna Drone Delivery
The UAV Test Pilot, working at our test site in Moorock county Offaly, is integral to Manna’s Durability and Reliability program. Reporting to the Flight Test Supervisor, the UAV test pilot is responsible for getting the aircraft flying safely by flying volume test flights in a safe and responsible manner. This role will be directly involved in both flying crafts and supporting the flights of other pilots.
The ideal candidate already has already completed their EU Specific Category course and examination but either way you’ll be trained up to that level
At Manna, our mission is to improve the world by making high-speed suburban deliveries affordable, green, and safe. We design and build our own aviation-grade drones to deliver food and other items directly from restaurants, centralized kitchens, and local stores to consumers’ homes. With a widely dispersed workforce across many sites, you will be joining a company with a great culture for collaboration, lots of learning and even more fun!
THE JOB IN 2 BULLETS
- Hands-on role flying our aviation-grade drones at our test site in Moorock
- Assisting other flights, learning the craft and the systems inside out and looking for best practices when it comes to volume testing and safety
Our UAV Pilots are key to what we do at Manna. Without volume testing, wouldn’t have the fleet of craft ready to fly across our locations live in Ireland. As UAV Pilot, your primary focus will be getting the aircrafts flying safely and thus rapidly growing flight numbers in a safe and responsible manner. You’ll spend your day flying and testing craft, following our flight procedure, reporting bugs and issues, aiding your colleague's flights and enjoying the great outdoors, whilst keeping safety and consistency at the heart of what you do.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Fly and monitor aircraft in our D&R facility, and potentially progress onto commercial Operations, where appropriate.
- Stick rigorously to inspection and maintenance schedules details in the Operations Manual.
- Work closely with Engineers and report any maintenance or repair required to the drone.
- Be actively involved in the testing and improvement of new and experimental aircraft, as well as developing the necessary processes and procedures.
- Ad-hoc & hands-on test execution to support our fast-paced development activities.
- Constantly contribute to, and improve, the procedures and checks used to work on the aircraft.
- Constantly learning on the job
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES + KEY QUALIFICATIONS EXPECTED FOR THIS ROLE
- You are mechanically/technically mind with the ability to work and solve problems without supervision.
- You are Keen to gain knowledge of our fleet, how they operate, what makes them tick, and what grounds them.
- You understand that every. Single. Flight is incredibly important and take excellent care with all your work.
- You can work well with limited supervision – you’re never idle and always find something that can be improved
- You must have a genuine desire to work in a fast-paced start up, where the goal posts shift with the wind.
- You are adaptable and agile enough to make sound tactical decisions to avoid or mitigate unsafe conditions.
- You an exceptional team player and love working with people in a busy environment
- You love working outdoors
- Flexibility to travel to other Operations or Testing sites if the need arises.
- The ideal candidate already has already completed their EU Specific Category course and examination but either way you’ll be trained up to that level.
Must have be living in Ireland and have a valid work permit
Starting salary: €24,000 - €27,000 DOE