Senior Developer, Distributed Systems
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Developer, Distributed Systems to be a part of our development team that will work on building and maintaining fault tolerant services and applications. We are looking for someone to support the vision for our backend services that will help us scale and meet future demand. There’s lots to do and lots to learn, so we hope you are also a fast learner who can grow with Movable Ink as we build the future of email marketing!
- Work as part of a Scrum team to design and implement secure, scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant services using our core web technologies – Python, Django, Elixir, PostgreSQL, Celery, and GraphQL.
- Build high traffic data processing pipelines
- Build scalable asynchronous task processing
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to implement complex projects that require comprehensive and in-depth analysis and understanding of the client’s requirements.
- Measure and monitor service performance and reliability, participating in the on-call rotation.
- Improve our existing services and troubleshoot customer issues when they come in.
- Build innovative new features to support our growing enterprise customer base, with a strong empathy for the end-user experience.
- Write clean, efficient code to the latest industry standards.
- Take ownership of the web application backend and be responsible for the technical mentorship of other developers.
- Participate in code reviews both as contributor and reviewer - We all review each other’s work here!
- 5+ years of industry development experience with Python and/or other functional programming languages (Elixir preferred).
- Write, modify, review, optimize and debug computer code
- Contribute to the development and improvement of application methods and procedures
- Provide both functional and technical leadership within projects
- Review code and architecture to ensure that they comply with the company's development standards and industry best practices
- In depth knowledge and experience with Python, Django, PostgreSQL, Celery, and GraphQL.
- Strong ORM data modeling skills (Django preferred).
- Experience building performant REST and gRPC APIs
- Experience with building highly fault tolerant applications
- Experience with modern cloud technologies (we use Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform)
- Follow security best practices (proficiency with OWASP top 10, OAuth/Auth0, and Django roles and groups)
- Professional experience with Git
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to learn, problem solve and know when to ask questions
- A sense of ownership over what you build, thinking through all the edge cases and angles. You’re not just looking for a fully fleshed-out spec thrown over the wall for you to code; you’re able to empathize with the end-user to produce the best solution for them.
- Able to empathize with the end-user to produce the best solution for them.
- Communication skills for discussions with our product, design and development teams.
- A strong desire to learn new tools, practices and technologies
The base pay range for this position is $160,000 - $195,000 USD/year, which can include additional on-target commission pay/bonus. The base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Stock options and other incentive pay may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position ultimately offered.
Studies have shown that women, communities of color, and historically underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture where all Inkers can thrive. If you’re excited about the role but don’t meet all of the abovementioned qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Our differences bring a breadth of knowledge and perspectives that makes us collectively stronger.
We welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, gender identity or expression, religion, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, ethnicity, family or marital status, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, disability, Veteran status, or other protected characteristics. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.