Senior Engineer, SRE
As a Principal Engineer on the SRE team, you will be responsible for setting technical direction, advising and participating in hands-on efforts around scaling, maintaining and improving our core infrastructure and supporting systems. Your varied experience and expertise will be indispensable in driving efficiency, scalability and reliability across our core infrastructure. You will work closely with your SRE teammates and Engineering Manager, SRE as well as SVP of Engineering and CTO to design and deliver high-quality, observable and scalable solutions, eliminating toil and establishing a solid foundation for future efforts.
- Participate in the architecture and design process - identify tradeoffs and provide well reasoned recommendations based on those tradeoffs
- Teach, mentor, grow and provide advice to other domain experts, individual contributors
- Highlight technology and organizational needs amongst the Site Reliability Engineering team
- Improve our existing infrastructure management and troubleshoot customer issues
- Passionate about exploring and adopting new technologies, patterns and processes towards driving continuous improvement, expanded reliability and scalability.
- Conduct code reviews and provide helpful feedback to team members
- Collaborate with the Engineering Manager, SRE to help establish technical direction for the SRE organization.
- Extensive, hands-on experience with AWS or GCP as an individual contributor
- Deep understanding of and experience with modern infrastructure management tools and processes
- Professional experience working with Ruby, Go or similar languages
- Experience with Kubernetes, Terraform, message queues (Kafka, Pulsar) and Postgres
- Experience with performance, optimization and reliability problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Experience as a technical liaison with external vendors and internal non-engineering stakeholders
- Experience working with, supporting and designing large scale, high throughput, distributed systems
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills - ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including product managers, engineering leadership, software engineers and site reliability engineers.
Studies have shown that women, communities of color, and historically underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture where all Inkers can thrive. If you’re excited about the role but don’t meet all of the abovementioned qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Our differences bring a breadth of knowledge and perspectives that makes us collectively stronger.
We welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, gender identity or expression, religion, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, ethnicity, family or marital status, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, disability, Veteran status, or other protected characteristics. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.