Data Scientist, Applied AI
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will work with our Product and Engineering teams to create artificial intelligence based recommendations and insights extracted from modeling and analysis of very large sets including Movable Ink’s historical data. The ideal candidate has experience using large, multi-modal datasets and presenting insights from those datasets to peers and leadership. This data may include images, text and hypertext to find opportunities for computer vision, natural language processing. This candidate should have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to create value for our clients.
- Create and enhance bayesian optimization algorithms and test setups for marketing campaigns
- Mine and analyze data from a data warehouse to drive improvements in product development and understanding of why AI based marketing campaigns drove lift
- Collaborate with other data scientists and ML engineers in the rollout of new models
- Develop performance based score models using comprehensive sets of features
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- 3+ years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, education in a quantitative field or equivalent working experience
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on statistical model development, including bayesian methods and causal inference
- Excellent communication skills, and track record of successful collaboration with non-technical and technical stakeholders
- Experience using statistical programming languages (Python, Spark, SQL) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree, neural networks, etc.) and associated machine learning libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn and scikit-image
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, bayesian probabilities, etc.)
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Experience using Google services: BigQuery, Cloud Storage, Vertex AI, Dataproc
The base pay range for this position is $130,000-150,000 CAD/year, which can include additional on-target commission pay/bonus. The base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Stock options and other incentive pay may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position ultimately offered.
Studies have shown that women, communities of color, and historically underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture where all Inkers can thrive. If you’re excited about the role but don’t meet all of the abovementioned qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Our differences bring a breadth of knowledge and perspectives that makes us collectively stronger.
We welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, gender identity or expression, religion, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, ethnicity, family or marital status, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, disability, Veteran status, or other protected characteristics. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.