Manager, Engineering - Services
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading, mentoring, and managing a team of developers to design, develop, and deliver quality software. Our team is rapidly innovating and delivering exciting new features; you will be exposed to the latest technologies and methodologies and have a direct impact on the company’s success. You will have the opportunity to set goals and provide mentorship to a team with diverse skills and experiences. You will get to experience the joy of being a part of creating and delivering innovative and impactful products. The role places equal importance on team management and actively contributing to technical and design aspects, allowing you to continually refine your skills in both areas.
- Leading and mentoring a team of engineers, ensuring they have the necessary resources and support to achieve their goals and deliver high-quality software
- Collaborating with other managers and teams to align efforts
- Recruiting, hiring, and onboarding new team members
- Manage performance evaluations and career development plans
- Managing the team's workload and priorities
- Ensuring that team members are adhering to established processes and standards, and working to continuously improve them, including conducting code reviews
- Building a positive and productive team culture, fostering collaboration and communication
- Identify any performance issues; hold team members accountable and set clear performance expectations; have difficult conversations and provide constructive feedback in a clear and direct manner
- Identifying and addressing any issues or roadblocks that may arise, and working to find solutions to overcome them
- Architect, design, and develop web applications that are scalable, reliable, performant, extensible, and maintainable.
- Manage project timelines and priorities to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Excellent leadership and management skills, including the ability to lead, motivate, and mentor a team
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with team members, other team leaders, and managers.
- Experience in microservices architecture design and development, including proficiency in Elixir, gRPC, Protocol Buffers, and Python.
- Proficient in containerization and orchestration technologies and cloud platforms for deploying and scaling microservices.
- Effectively lead team meetings and presentations that showcase deliverables to the organization
- Problem-solving and decision-making abilities, including the ability to identify and resolve problems quickly and effectively, and experience with debugging and troubleshooting
- Ability to navigate and resolve disputes within the team and possess other negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Maintain a people-oriented mindset and ability to build trust and respect from team members, other teams, and management
- Proficiency in software development best practices
- Willingness to continuously learn, adapt and improve
The base pay range for this position is $175,000 - $210,000 CAD/year, which can include additional on-target commission pay/bonus. The base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Stock options and other incentive pay may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position ultimately offered.
Studies have shown that women, communities of color, and historically underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture where all Inkers can thrive. If you’re excited about the role but don’t meet all of the abovementioned qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Our differences bring a breadth of knowledge and perspectives that makes us collectively stronger.
We welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, gender identity or expression, religion, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, ethnicity, family or marital status, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, disability, Veteran status, or other protected characteristics. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.