Associate Director, Compensation
The Associate Director, Compensation will oversee compensation practices at Movable Ink. This leader will partner with People team teammates as well as, Finance, Legal, and Business Operations teams to build, manage and maintain our compensation philosophy and practices across the organization. This individual will have the opportunity to significantly shape our go-forward practices, with significant exposure to our senior-most leaders and executive team. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and a builder, a creative systems thinker, who is passionate about compensation and operationalizing their ideas!
The role will be reporting directly to the SVP, People and be a critical member of the People Team Leadership.
- Develop, implement and manage the company-wide compensation strategy
- Conduct regular market research and benchmarking analysis, leading annual compensation planning
- Manage bi-annual compensation processes including: merit plans, job leveling, compensation reviews, and band management
- Partner with legal and finance teams to ensure compensation practices adhere to local laws and budget
- Partner with People team members to author and implement communications strategies to educate employees about compensation and our philosophy
- Collaborate with Recruitment team to develop new hire bands, job ranges and offers aligned with company compensation philosophy
- Partner with People Team members to create compensation recommendations for new roles, new regions or role changes
- Partner with Finance and Sales Enablement team to align equity and variable compensation plans with overarching company compensation philosophy and practices
- Participate in salary surveys
- Strong analytical skills. Expert in Excel with strong attention to detail.
- Experience working with compensation databases (e.g. Radford)
- 5+ years of experience in compensation, ideally in a builder atmosphere
- Experience partnering with/advising senior leadership on compensation practices
- Experience building compensation bands for at minimum, a few job families
- Experience translating analytical data to non-analytical audiences
The base pay range for this position is $160,000 - $180,000 USD/year, which can include additional on-target commission pay/bonus. The base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Stock options and other incentive pay may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position ultimately offered.
Studies have shown that women, communities of color, and historically underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture where all Inkers can thrive. If you’re excited about the role but don’t meet all of the abovementioned qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Our differences bring a breadth of knowledge and perspectives that makes us collectively stronger.
We welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, gender identity or expression, religion, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, ethnicity, family or marital status, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, disability, Veteran status, or other protected characteristics. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.