Software Engineer in ML
Software Engineer in ML
About the role
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for development, optimization, and preparation for deployment of our data acquisition and processing system which extracts 3D data from sport events based on video input.
On the development side, you will be responsible for designing proper abstractions for new and existing functionalities, testing and optimizing the existing code base (mostly with regard to data processing and communication part), and directly working with the deployment team to push, maintain and extend the production system. As a software engineer, you will also ensure that the code is well written, tested, and extendable.
We are open to ideas and give freedom in the taken approach and experimentation and expect that you will be able to work on the given tasks and deliver results with little supervision.
Full-time position. Work in a semi-remote work setup - so we are flexible regarding the location, although we do have preference for a Warsaw based-person. We are flexible also in terms of contract type (B2B & UoP/ UZ possible).
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve new functionalities
- Create, maintain and enforce good coding practices
- Maintain and improve efficient code workflow
- Optimize existing code
- Proficiency with Linux
- Proficiency with Python, minimum 2 years of experience, 3-4 is optimal
- Experience building and maintaining services in production
- Experience working with cloud environment (AWS/GCP)
- Experience with Docker
- Fluent Polish
- Good command of English
- Computer Science or Mathematics degree
- Experience building or maintaining low-latency systems
- Experience working in ML/DL or data engineering projects
- Experience working with scalable/distributed systems
- Experience with Python scientific stack: numpy, pandas
- Dynamic start-up environment with interesting scientific challenges & bleeding edge technology and models (this time for real)
- Opportunity to build real-world deployable machine and deep learning-based products changing the world of Football
- International projects & collaborations with top Football Clubs & Federations
- Ability to directly influence development direction of a product
- Team Kaggle competitions (we have 3 masters) & hackathons
- Office in the strict center of Warsaw