San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2023
Skycatch is looking for an Intern to join our Product team and help shape and create the next generation of products for the industrial space. The candidate will receive the opportunity to work closely with Engineering, Business Development and Sales to contribute meaningfully to the success of Skycatch and to develop their own personal skills. The intern should expect to support existing teams as well as manage their own projects.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with Product & Engineering teams to plan sprints, execute development work and remain on track.
- Work with Product & Engineering leads to scope feature requests from business, customers & internal teams.
- Partner with Business Development, Sales and Marketing to create external facing content.
- Assist the Product team with defining & maintaining a core Product Roadmap based on business and revenue goals.
- Maintain and update Product team information spaces.
- Support Skycatch Product Manager to identify and track Key Performance Indicators for variety of products.
- Complete internship-long research project about UI/UX best practices & methodologies relevant to Skycatch’s product offerings and present to senior leadership.
What we are looking for:
- Currently enrolled BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Able to evaluate design and development trade-offs.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to document team syncs agreements and communicate to wider audiences.
- Quick Learner and resourceful in discovering the relevant sources for aid.
- Well organized while at a fast paced environment.
- Strong technical background or interest in robotics, machine learning, computer vision or LiDAR.
Considered a Plus:
- Experience in Product Management or Product Ownership
- Experience working with Agile methodologies or Agile frameworks
- Experience with Software Engineering
- Experience working in the mining or construction industry
- Language proficiency in Spanish, Chinese or Japanese
More about Skycatch:
Skycatch is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Skycatch is a geospatial data solutions company focused on industrial enterprises. Our technology is critical to unlock new market trends for industrial companies to achieve automation, decarbonization and Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) goals. Our proprietary software technology has been developed and scaled globally with some of the world's largest industrial companies and organizations, including Komatsu, Hitachi, Rio Tinto, Teck Resources, BHP, Anglo American, and Asian Development Bank.