Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
spaceOS is the most advanced operating system for the next generation of safe, flexible, and human-centric workspaces. The future of work is the future of worker choice and well-being!
Would you like to join an engineering team that is disrupting the real estate industry and the way people work across the globe? If so, we want to hear from you! We are a fast-growing and highly skilled team and are market leaders in the Proptech industry who are digitising and redefining commercial real estate processes and occupier experience.
We are seeking a number of experienced Snr. RoR Engineers to join our engineering team responsible for the organisation’s core platform. You will work with other engineers and leaders across the organisation to help build out and scale both new and existing systems and services. You will work across Engineering and Product to ensure the delivery of high-quality features, APIs and scalable platforms on systems deployed globally.
You will also have the opportunity to work closely with real estate portfolios and partners to help them digitise life in buildings and make everyone’s workday at the office more productive and engaging. If you are excited about rolling your sleeves up we want to hear from you!
WHAT WE NEED YOUR HELP WITH
- Design and develop scalable, secure, and high-performance applications with Ruby on Rails
- Collaborate with product, design and the wider engineering team to build new features, drive the technical direction, and build scalable web applications.
- Support incident processes and root cause analysis to ensure high product reliability, stability, and security
- Participate in POCs, code reviews and team knowledge sharing activities
- Strive to improve team processes and implement best practices, in the areas of: Performance, Deployments, Monitoring and alerting
- Research and develop new and emerging technologies
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- 5+ years experience in RoR in a test driven, agile development environment.
- Solid foundation with a modern RDBMS (PostgreSQL), exposure to NoSQL systems
- Experience with modern development tools and workflows, such as Git/Github, RSpec, Docker, Continuous Integration & Deployment.
- Experience with asynchronous background processing frameworks such as Sidekiq.
- Good working knowledge of various AWS products (i.e RDS, S3, Lambda, SQS) and cloud-based architectures
- Experience in the development and operation of high scale, distributed and scalable environments.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Experience with Commercial Real Estate Technology, SaaS and Proptech solutions would be a significant advantage
spaceOS has for key values that are the foundation of our company culture, which every employee embodies:
Be Accountable - Our number one goal is to engage and delight our customers
Communicate - We communicate in an open, transparent, respectful and straightforward way
Challenge & Innovate - We strive to always create better, simpler products and put ourselves in the customer's shoes. Everyday ingenuity does not have to always be big and bold, it can be small and incremental but consistent and achieve just as much.
Be Compassionate - We are supportive and care for our people and we foster a culture for open communication, transparency and feedback. We help each other and support each other, all shoulders to the one wheel in a harmonised fashion pushes the cart forward.
Why you’ll love working at spaceOS:
We love coming to work every day. We love the challenge in front of us and we can see the positive impact our technology has on workspaces, people and our environment. We believe in our mission, we love our work and we have fun doing it together. In our hybrid/remote culture we try to maintain open communication and relationships through company meetings, virtual events and very active slack channels! We appreciate that life is more than just work so we offer a flexible working environment with the freedom to work from where you want. We offer competitive compensation and social benefits as well as a generous holiday allowance. We want you to succeed in spaceOS and want to provide you with a space for development and learning by doing.
Something looks off?