In-House Legal Counsel
This is a chance to be part of a startup that is disrupting the real estate industry and the way people work. A fast-growing and highly skilled team, spaceOS combines technology, digital content, on-site engagement and technology integrations to build seamless and beautiful workplace communities for our clients. We help our clients build experiences that empower the community and evolve with the ambitions of every tenant.
The Inhouse Legal Counsel will own all legal topics of the company and will primarily support the spaceOS sales team with commercial contract creation, negotiation and renewal process. We're looking for a motivated self-starter who's passionate about managing operational processes, analysing, recommending and implementing process improvements.
The candidate will work side by side with the Director of Legal and Commercial and 3rd party legal counsel to ensure that the commercial contracts are efficient, transparent and meet legal requirements. Additionally, you will support spaceOS by providing operational and administrative guidance, enabling us to provide an outstanding customer experience.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, like being continually challenged, demonstrate sound judgement, and attention to detail as well as an instinct for process efficiency. You should have an interest in working in a space, where legal meets business.
What you will do
- Commercial contracts - draft, negotiate and manage all SaaS agreements, partnership/reseller agreements, NDAs, professional services agreements and other custom arrangements with clients.
- Marketing - vendor, service and event agreements, in addition to digital marketing privacy concerns.
- Product - coordinate with outside counsel on the legal implications of new features, including from an IP and privacy perspective.
- IP portfolio - coordinate with outside counsel to manage and grow the IP portfolio and handle any disputes as they arise
- Compliance - be responsible for GDPR, DAC7 and any other regulatory compliance topics that affect the company. Ensure that the company understand the regulatory requirements and coordinate that appropriate and efficient controls and processes are in place to ensure compliance
- As a nice to have: Employment - review both employment and consulting agreements, coordinating with outside counsel on personnel and compliance issues as they arise
- 5+ years of relevant contracting experience or paralegal experience
- 3+ years’ experience in drafting and negotiating key contract terms for statement of works, contract amendments and work orders in technology, licensing, and service contracts or a broad range of standard commercial contracts, particularly SaaS agreements.
- Experience with EU commercial legislation, particularly Ireland, Poland and Germany
- Experience with regulatory compliance topics including GDPR and DAC7
- Quick learner and ability to adapt to changing situations, strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
- A proactive team player who does not require detailed supervision
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and strong negotiation skills, both customer-facing and with internal stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively across all functions and levels of the organisation
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to a cross-functional team.
- Ideally experience in a technology/software startup or a similar fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Fluent in english, polish and ideally german or another European language
- An international work environment with talented people and a startup spirit
- An office in the iconic Warsaw Spire or another flexspace provider alternatively
- Flexible hours & the possibility to work remotely when necessary or required
- A MacBook and whatever equipment you consider necessary for work
- Parking space for your bicycle
- Unlimited access to quality coffee, sample snacks and drinks
- Competitive compensation and social benefits (medical health care).
Type of contract: B2B