Senior Fullstack Engineer (React/Node.js)
WHO ARE WE?
Equiem is an Australian-founded, now a global leader in property technology (‘proptech’). We launched the world’s first tenant experience app for office buildings - a key innovation that helps commercial landlords digitize their buildings and make them exciting, productive and vibrant places to work. Imagine your dream work environment - that is what we help deliver.
Equiem started with two employees and one building in 2011. Today, we have 150+ staff, and our app is live in 600+ buildings across Australia, the UK, the US, Ireland and Canada - including many of the world’s most recognisable skyscrapers and campuses.
Nothing like our product previously existed. It helped revolutionize how landlords engaged with their customers - the people in the building, creating a new category of technology called ‘tenant experience’. Today, ‘TenX’ is a key component of a modern landlord’s strategy.
In an exciting move, Equiem has acquired spaceOS, a European workplace management software company. This is another step towards Equiem substantiating itself as a global leader in the proptech industry.
Can you look at using this or part of it?
We are looking out for a Senior Fullstack Engineer who is passionate about creating simple and full-integrated solution.
Based in Warsaw, you will be working in Product squads with a fun culture on a classy product. We're on the lookout for a true expert who will actively contribute to architectural discussions and confidently take charge of designing at the component level whenever needed. Someone who possesses a deep understanding of modern web application development, best practices in software engineering, and is open to sharing knowledge and fresh ideas with others.
This is a global role and requires working across different time zones. Flexibility is essential as you navigate between Australian and European time zones, occasionally requiring early mornings and late-night meetings. While adjusting to different time zones might be necessary, rest assured, we're dedicated to creating an environment where your commitment is cherished and your well-being matters.
Where You’ll Spend Your time:
- Creating new features for our web platform using modern technology, architecture and practices
- Writing clean, testable code that is easy to maintain, extend and works.
- Building in observability and monitoring so we ensure reliability and performance.
- Promoting coding practises and standards, identifying areas for improvement.
- Mentoring others and helping them grow their skills and knowledge.
- Conveying complex ideas to others in an easily understandable manner.
YOUR NEW TEAM
- Is highly collaborative and agile.
- Uses a modern technology stack, architecture and practices.
- Has a flexible working culture - remote/office mix that will not change.
- Encourages and cultivates a culture of agility, autonomy and transparency through the implementation of agile and lean best practices.
- Is friendly, fun and motivated.
WHO ARE YOU?
You feel at ease operating in a dynamic setting, alongside other talented, engaged individuals, who are passionate about the product they are creating.
- Have a strong sense of ownership and pride in the work you do.
- Constantly learning and hungry for new knowledge.
- Aa strong sense of initiative and a focus on achieving outcomes.
- 4+ years experience with NodeJS, Typescript and service-oriented architecture.
- 4+ years experience working with React, Next js.
- 4+ years of experience working with relational databases (e.g. Postgres).
- 4+ years of experience writing performant and resilient code.
- Strong understanding of secure code development (OWASP, etc).
- Experience handling and protecting confidential information (GDPR, CCPA, etc)
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with GraphQL (particularly Apollo) - nice to have
- Fluent English (B2/C1)
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
In return, we offer a fun, cohesive and flexible working environment with a team that thrives on achieving the ambitions we aim for, plus:
- Chance to join an experienced SaaS team who are respected and empowered to initiate change
- Grow your career in a world-class, progressive business with a product that is second to none
- Startup mentality in a global business. Own your role and make it what you want
- Flexible work arrangements. We are about outcomes, not clock-watching
- 14 paid days off, on top of paid public bank holidays
- It's important to prioritize our well-being so that you can take a paid day off!
- Frequent team social events - we do hang out outside of work!
- Heavily subsidised membership to sports card plus
- Premium healthcare coverage (Medicover)
- Learning opportunities, conferences, on-the-job training
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
As a company, we truly embrace diversity and inclusion on a day-to-day basis. So much so that to us, this goes without saying. For our hiring process, this means that all candidates are accessed based on role requirements, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or on the basis of disability. If you require any assistance to be included in our process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job title and reference number.
HOW TO APPLY
We move quickly and applications close upon discretion, so if you don’t want to miss out, apply today!
We respect the time that applying to roles takes, appreciate your interest in Equiem and will respond as a matter of priority to all applications.