Principal DevOps Engineer
WHO ARE WE?
Equiem is an Australian-founded, now a global leader in property technology (‘proptech’). We launched the world’s first tenant experience app for office buildings - a key innovation that helps commercial landlords digitize their buildings and make them exciting, productive and vibrant places to work. Imagine your dream work environment - that is what we help deliver.
Equiem started with two employees and one building in 2011. Today, we have 150+ staff, and our app is live in 600+ buildings across Australia, the UK, the US, Ireland and Canada - including many of the world’s most recognisable skyscrapers and campuses.
Nothing like our product previously existed. It helped revolutionize how landlords engaged with their customers - the people in the building, creating a new category of technology called ‘tenant experience’. Today, ‘TenX’ is a key component of a modern landlord’s strategy.
In an exciting move, Equiem has acquired spaceOS, a European workplace management software company. This is another step towards Equiem substantiating itself as a global leader in the proptech industry.
Can you look at using this or part of it?
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer, and given our Global growth, this is the right time to come on board and be part of something great!
Based in Warsaw, you will be part of the DevOps team, which functions as a versatile, cross-functional, agile infrastructure development unit. Their primary objective is to create platform solutions for the product development team. This empowers the product development team to quickly and easily deliver new products and features. Your role will involve creating infrastructure as code to deploy, monitor, and uphold Equiem's core platform.
This is a global role and requires working across different time zones. Flexibility is essential as you navigate Australian and European time zones, occasionally requiring early morning and late-night meetings. While adjusting to different time zones might be necessary, rest assured we're dedicated to creating an environment where your commitment is cherished and your well-being matters.
Where You’ll Spend Your time:
- Building and monitoring our scalable and secure cloud infrastructure.
- Automating to help our teams move quickly.
- Coaching and mentoring other members of the development team on cloud best practices, emerging frameworks, services and trends.
- Building features with one or more of our development teams.
YOUR NEW TEAM
- Is highly collaborative and agile.
- Uses a modern technology stack, architecture and practices.
- Has a flexible working culture - remote/office mix that will not change.
- Encourages and cultivates a culture of agility, autonomy and transparency through the implementation of agile and lean best practices.
- Is friendly, fun and motivated.
WHO ARE YOU?
An individual who thrives on collaboration, curiosity, and problem-solving. Skilled in effortless communication across all levels within and beyond the organization. Proficient at fostering positive and impactful connections with team members and individuals engaging with the team.
You feel at ease operating in a dynamic setting alongside other talented, motivated individuals.
- Have a strong sense of ownership and pride in the work you do.
- Possess a deep understanding of modern cloud architecture and web application development.
- Constantly learning and hungry for new knowledge.
- A strong sense of initiative and a focus on achieving outcomes.
- 4+ years hands-on experience automating infrastructure in a cloud environment, preferably Amazon Web Services
- Extensive experience with infrastructure-as-code tools (e.g. AWS CDK, Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
- Strong experience developing and maintaining CI/CD tools (e.g. CircleCI, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with programming languages (e.g. Node, TypeScript, Python, etc.) and scripting languages (e.g. Bash, PowerShell)
- Knowledge of different types of database systems (PostgreSQL, Elastic Search, etc.)
- Fluent English (B2/C1)
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
In return, we offer a fun, cohesive and flexible working environment with a team that thrives on achieving the ambitions we aim for, plus:
- Chance to join an experienced SaaS team who are respected and empowered to initiate change
- Grow your career in a world-class, progressive business with a product that is second to none
- Startup mentality in a global business. Own your role and make it what you want
- Flexible work arrangements. We are about outcomes, not clock-watching
- 14 paid days off, on top of paid public bank holidays
- It's important to prioritize our well-being so that you can take a paid day off!
- Frequent team social events - we do hang out outside of work!
- Heavily subsidised membership to sports card plus
- Premium healthcare coverage (Medicover)
- Learning opportunities, conferences, on-the-job training
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
As a company, we truly embrace diversity and inclusion on a day-to-day basis. So much so that to us, this goes without saying. For our hiring process, this means that all candidates are accessed based on role requirements, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or on the basis of disability. If you require any assistance to be included in our process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job title and reference number.
HOW TO APPLY
We move quickly and applications close upon discretion, so if you don’t want to miss out, apply today!
We respect the time that applying to roles takes, appreciate your interest in Equiem and will respond as a matter of priority to all applications.