Business Development Executive (Western Europe)
WHO ARE WE?
Equiem is an Australian-founded, now a global leader in property technology (‘proptech’). We launched the world’s first tenant experience app for office buildings - a key innovation that helps commercial landlords digitize their buildings and make them exciting, productive and vibrant places to work. Imagine your dream work environment - that is what we help deliver.
Equiem started with two employees and one building in 2011. Today, we have 150+ staff, and our app is live in 600+ buildings across Australia, the UK, the US, Ireland and Canada - including many of the world’s most recognisable skyscrapers and campuses.
Nothing like our product previously existed. It helped revolutionise how landlords engaged with their customers - the people in the building, creating a new category of technology called ‘tenant experience’. Today, ‘TenX’ is a key component of a modern landlord’s strategy.
In an exciting move, Equiem has acquired spaceOS, a European workplace management software company. This is another step towards Equiem substantiating itself as a global leader in the proptech industry.
Can you look at using this or part of it?
We are looking out for a talented Business Executive Development Executive who is deeply committed to driving growth by effectively addressing customer needs with exceptional products and solutions.
You will be a key member of the EU Regional Team and will play an important role in driving Equiem’s growth in Europe. You will focus on the development of new revenue within Western Europe, through the acquisition of new customers and, in partnership with the Strategic Account Manager, the expansion of existing customers. The role will also play a vital role in lifting the brand of Equiem in the region.
As an experienced Business Developer, you will know the drill, working with our small, highly experienced and dedicated Sales & Marketing team. Territory is wide open dependent on your knowledge and experience.
You can work remotely from your home base in Europe, collaborating with your colleagues in Europe, the US and Australia. Obviously we will also look forward to regular face to face catch ups and appropriate domestic travel is a part of this role. You will also need to work outside the core working hours from time to time. But we respect you as a person and understand you have a life that you want to balance alongside and will support you to achieve this.
Where You’ll Spend Your time:
- Implementing revenue-maximising sales strategies for key segments.
- Engaging in diverse sales activities: research, presentations, demos, meetings, proposals, contracting, and client team coordination
- Setting and surpassing sales goals in assigned territories.
- Managing a robust sales pipeline, identifying new opportunities, and handling multiple transactions.
- Networking and creating business opportunities at events.
- Establishing Equiem as a thought leader and enhancing our brand in specific markets
- Meeting reporting requirements promptly (CRM, pipeline, forecasts).
- Collaborating with the global BD team to streamline processes and explore global prospects.
What will you bring to the table?
- Passion for sales and a proven track record of goal achievement.
- An understanding of SaaS business drivers and analytics, solid business acumen, and previous experience in successfully selling SaaS products as they evolve and emerge into growing markets from startup cultures.
- Experience in commercial property, asset management, or leasing (a plus, but not required).
- Business and financial management acumen.
- Strong negotiation, deal-making, and contracting skills.
- The ability to hold meetings that deliver outcomes, gather adequate information to execute our services, and provide information back to clients.
- Effective communication and presentation skills tailored to a wide audience, adjusting the message to fit the recipient's role.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks, think laterally, and make informed decisions rapidly.
- The strength to build positive and respectful internal and external relationships, as well as being a strong influencer and credible source of information and insight.
- Fluent Spanish and English (both at least at C1 level)
- Another fluent language will be an asset (preferably Portuguese)
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
In return, we offer a fun, cohesive and flexible working environment with a team that thrives on achieving the ambitions we aim for, plus:
- Remote work flexibility: Work from anywhere.
- Chance to join an experienced SaaS team who are respected and empowered to initiate change.
- Grow your career in a world-class, progressive business with a product that is second to none.
- Startup mentality in a global business. Own your role and make it what you want.
- Flexible work arrangements. We are about outcomes, not clock-watching.
- It's important to prioritize our well-being so that you can take a paid day off!
- Frequent team social events - we do hang out outside of work!
- Learning opportunities, conferences, on-the-job training.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
As a company, we truly embrace diversity and inclusion on a day-to-day basis. So much so that to us, this goes without saying. For our hiring process, this means that all candidates are accessed based on role requirements, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or on the basis of disability. If you require any assistance to be included in our process, please contact email@example.com, quoting the job title and reference number.
HOW TO APPLY
We move quickly and applications close upon discretion, so if you don’t want to miss out, apply today!
We respect the time that applying to roles takes, appreciate your interest in Equiem and will respond as a matter of priority to all applications.