Head of US Content
DISCLAIMER: There may be incorrect openings posted on third party websites. Be advised that all of our current openings are posted on our Careers page - check that out to stay in the know!
Stocktwits is a leading social network and community of individual investors and traders. Our mission is to provide the platform to host the global conversation for investors and traders of all types of assets, styles and experience levels to connect, learn, profit and have fun.
From our beginnings as inventors of the cashtag (e.g. $TSLA), Stocktwits has grown to millions of members and become the defining voice of “social finance.” Stocktwits is the only place to get a pulse on the markets and ideas you care about.
Our community continues to grow rapidly and we are looking for passionate team members to join us as we reimagine the future of financial media, investing & trading services and the tools for the next generation.
The Head of US Content will be responsible for driving the vision, strategy, execution, and growth of all content arms for the brand, including multiple newsletters. This role requires a strong background in content strategy, monetization and team management. You will be expected to work East Coast hours.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement a comprehensive content strategy to drive revenue and maximize reader engagement, including identifying new opportunities for content, audience segments, and monetization strategies.
- Oversee the distribution process of newsletters, ensuring timely delivery to subscribers through email or other distribution channels.
- Utilize various digital marketing channels, such as social media, email marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), and partnerships, to maximize brand visibility and audience reach.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales and brand partnership teams to explore advertising and sponsorship opportunities, negotiate contracts, and maintain strong relationships with advertisers and sponsors.
- Monitor key performance and revenue metrics, such as open rates, click-through rates, and subscriber growth, and revenue per subscriber, and use the insights to optimize content and increase profitability.
- Conduct market research and stay updated on industry trends to identify opportunities for improvement and innovation.
- Lead, mentor and provide guidance to a team of writers, fostering a collaborative and productive work environment to ensure the team’s output meets quality standards and aligns with organizational objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
- Direct experience managing a newsletter business with demonstrated success in driving business growth.
- Proven track record of producing engaging and high-quality content across channels and content types.
- Experience managing a team of writers, with a demonstrated ability to provide effective feedback, mentorship, and team coordination.
- Knowledge of content management systems (CMS) and email marketing platforms.
- Familiarity with data analysis and performance tracking tools to measure newsletter effectiveness.
- Strong understanding of audience segmentation, content personalization, and A/B testing strategies.
- Strong knowledge of SEO, analytics, and growth strategies for content.
- Experience with social media and other digital platforms to engage with our target audience.
- Creative mindset with the ability to generate innovative ideas for newsletter content and distribution.
- Passionate about the markets, business news and/or personal finance.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to balance numerous projects while meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal skills, particularly in building relationships and working collaboratively both internally and externally.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Proficient in English with strong written and verbal communication skills (grammar & syntax).
- Willing to join meetings or take calls outside of normal business hours.
Qualities We Look For
- Craftsmanship: Simply put, you give a shit about the work you do and have empathy for who you do it with and for.
- Always Learning: Your thirst for knowledge, new challenges and bettering yourself never ends personally and professionally.
- Impactful: You want to make an impact at scale and recognize that consistent, regular execution is how you get there. As we like to say, small wins equal big things!
- Hunger for Success: You bring a deep desire to succeed with a sense of controlled urgency.
- The salary range for this role in New York City is $100,000 - $150,000 per year.
- Truly unlimited PTO and sick leave: Take that trip you’ve been planning!
- Remote-work flexibility: Work from the comfort of your home or our gorgeous NYC office.
- Fully paid for comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision): We are, quite literally, fully invested in your health and wellbeing!
- Mental health benefits: Take advantage of a TalkSpace membership paid for by Stocktwits.
- 401k with company match up to 4%.
- Stock options: You’ll have a meaningful stake in our success.
- Generous WFH stipend: Set up your home office for maximum daily comfort!
- Annual company offsites at exciting locations!
- Additional memberships and perks.
Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise. Any listed salary range is just one component of our total compensation package. If you have questions on compensation packages at Stocktwits, please ask your recruiter.
StockTwits is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.
Research shows that women and other minority groups typically apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria listed. At Stocktwits, we are dedicated to fair play, and we encourage women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ job seekers to apply for positions even if they don’t check every box for the role.