Social Media Manager
DISCLAIMER: There may be incorrect openings posted on third party websites. Be advised that all of our current openings are posted on our Careers page - check that out to stay in the know!
Stocktwits is a leading social network and community of individual investors and traders. Our mission is to provide the platform to host the global conversation for investors and traders of all types of assets, styles and experience levels to connect, learn, profit and have fun.
From our beginnings as inventors of the cashtag (e.g. $TSLA), Stocktwits has grown to millions of members and become the defining voice of “social finance.” Stocktwits is the only place to get a pulse on the markets and ideas you care about.
Our community continues to grow rapidly and we are looking for passionate team members to join us as we reimagine the future of financial media, investing & trading services and the tools for the next generation.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading Stocktwits India’s social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, etc.) and campaigns by monitoring key metrics for brand awareness, user acquisition, and retention. This is a dynamic role and requires someone who is flexible and comfortable navigating changing priorities and strategic goals.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and manage the strategy, creation and execution of content for all Stocktwits India social media (Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube, etc.).
- Constantly generate new social media engagement and content ideas across platforms.
- Lead the strategy and execution of social media initiatives across paid and organic channels.
- Partner with Marketing & Product teams to coordinate and execute product launch initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a keen understanding of Stocktwits India’s target audience to ensure content is engaging for existing and new users.
- Interact with followers and other stakeholders via the company’s social media accounts.
- Optimize Stocktwits India’s social media performance by reporting on KPIs and taking a data-focused approach that uses relevant data to inform smart content creation choices to engage and grow audiences.
- In partnership with the global Social Media team, analyze Stocktwits’ social media strategy and current state to identify areas of improvement and then own the development and implementation of solutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years of professional experience managing social media platforms, including social media content creation and promotion.
- Proven track record of increasing audience size and engagement across social media platforms.
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in financial services and/or stock markets.
- Deep understanding of major platforms including Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube with working knowledge of other larger or emerging platforms such as TikTok and Facebook.
- Experience with Photoshop and Canva; Video editing experience would be ideal.
- Experience with common social management, analytics, and listing tools.
- Ability to couple analytical and data-oriented insights with creative thinking to test, iterate, and optimize social and digital media content.
- Organizational and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to estimate workloads accurately and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal skills, particularly in building relationships and working collaboratively across the company.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Proficient in English with strong written and verbal communication skills (grammar & syntax).
- Willing to join meetings or take calls outside of normal business hours.
Qualities We Look For
- Craftsmanship: Simply put, you give a shit about the work you do and have empathy for who you do it with and for.
- Always Learning: Your thirst for knowledge, new challenges and bettering yourself never ends personally and professionally.
- Impactful: You want to make an impact at scale and recognize that consistent, regular execution is how you get there. As we like to say, small wins equal big things!
- Hunger for Success: You bring a deep desire to succeed with a sense of controlled urgency.
Benefits and Perks!
- A competitive salary.
- Truly unlimited PTO and sick leave: Take that trip you’ve been eyeing!
- Remote-work flexibility.
- Stock options: You’ll have a meaningful stake in our success.
- Generous WFH stipend: Set up your home office for maximum daily comfort!
- Additional memberships and perks.
Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise. Any listed salary range is just one component of our total compensation package. If you have questions on compensation packages at Stocktwits, please ask your recruiter.
StockTwits is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.
Research shows that women and other minority groups typically apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria listed. At Stocktwits, we are dedicated to fair play, and we encourage women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ job seekers to apply for positions even if they don’t check every box for the role.