Vice President of Revenue (Remote)
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
WHAT IS INDIEGOGO?
Indiegogo is the place to discover clever, unique, and meaningful ideas and engage with the people behind them. We help Creators and Entrepreneurs accelerate their ideas from concept to success. Our backers can find thousands of technology innovation, creative, and community projects on our platform, many of which before they go mainstream.
We’re a remote-first organization with teammates across the nation. We're a team of inventors, musicians, triathletes, activists, filmmakers, and writers, united by our love for the creativity and ingenuity we help enable across our site. We are a team of committed, results-driven industry leaders and pioneers passionate about our mission: To empower people to unite around the ideas that matter to them and bring those ideas to life!
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
Indiegogo empowers innovators of all sizes to launch their new products via crowdfunding before they go mainstream. The VP of Revenue will lead our Go To Market functions, including business development, partnerships, and client success. This team is responsible for identifying, sourcing, and launching new crowdfunding campaigns, helping clients meet their funding goals, and growing our overall presence in the market. The VP of Revenue will report directly to the CEO and be a key part of Indiegogo’s Leadership Team. We are an energetic, passionate, mission-oriented organization with a strong community and are looking for our next Revenue Leader to grow with us.
- Build, manage, lead, and inspire high-performing teams to achieve short and long-term revenue goals
- Develop meaningful relationships with key partners in the Crowdfunding ecosystem
- Manage all parts of the sales process from lead gen, nurturing, pitching, and closing campaigns
- Oversee the client success team responsible for helping clients meet and exceed their funding goals
- Help teams foster strong, interpersonal client relationships to ensure satisfaction and repeat engagements/referrals
- Build and grow upsell and cross-sell programs to generate additional revenue
- Identify and explore new and creative growth initiatives for Indiegogo
- Have a public presence representing Indiegogo at conferences, trade shows, and in the media
- Actively and accurately report and forecast pipeline and performance, market trends, ecosystem climates, and competitor analysis
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Marketing, Trust, Finance, and HR to achieve company-level goals and objectives
- Be a part of the Executive team and have a voice in shaping company strategy and culture
- 10+ years of relevant work experience with emphasis on revenue growth, sales & client success leadership
- 5+ years as a strong people leader who can hire great talent and build a high-performing team
- Operational experience creating sales processes and building out playbooks
- Entrepreneurial spirit, grit, and persistence. Biased toward action. Builder mentality.
- Experience with Partnerships and developing external relationships
- Able to be “in the weeds” without losing sight of long-term goals/initiatives
- Polished communicator with executive presence, the ability to deliver a crisp and concise message
- Collaborative and able to bring along cross-functional teams
- Mission-aligned and passionate about bringing innovative ideas to life
- Not required, but preference for experience with Crowdfunding, 2 Sided Marketplace, E-commerce, Enterprise Partnerships, Digital Marketing
Indiegogo is a remote-first working culture that offers coverage for office space where ever you reside domestically.
This role is open to remote US residents. We are currently accepting applications from all parts of the US. However, international applicants are not currently accepted for the HQ team. Please note that all qualified candidates should have US sponsorship or residency to work in the US.
Indiegogo is an equal-opportunity employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO.
Indiegogo is committed to respecting your privacy as a job applicant. Please visit our Job Applicant Privacy Statement in our Privacy Portal for more information on your privacy rights and how Indiegogo processes your personal information.
For this role, our target annual on-target earning compensation OTE (Base + variable pay) is $300,000. This role also includes variable bonus compensation based on performance. Final compensation is to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
This position comes with the following:
- Medical, dental & vision coverage
- Life & disability insurance
- Pet insurance
- Tax-advantaged health accounts
- 401k (Traditional & Roth)
- Mental health & fertility services
- Unlimited vacation + Company holidays
- Sick & Safe Time
- Paid Parental Leave
- And more!