Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on Saturday, July 30, 2022
Join a leading insurtech company that is unlocking the potential of digital insurance to help everyone protect what matters most! Are you up for the challenge?
Sure was founded in 2015 and is the digital insurance platform that empowers brands and carriers to distribute products quickly. Our solutions reach and engage customers wherever they are on their journey. We are on a mission to provide a hassle-free way to buy insurance anywhere by powering insurance carriers and brands with our SaaS platform. Together we are building products that make digital insurance accessible to all.
🤝 Culture is everything. Join an incredible team of smart, passionate, collaborative and driven individuals. We empower our teams and promote autonomy and independence wherever we can.
🌐 We are remote first. We work from home and we love it! #LI-Remote
🏆 Strive for greatness. We’ve been named 13th Fastest Growing Company by Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Best Place to Work in 2022 by Built In and recognized for Transforming the Global Insurance Industry by InsurTech 100.
💰Funding. In October 2021, we raised $100M in our Series C with a $550M valuation.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help design, maintain and evolve the cloud infrastructure at Sure. You are hands on, collaborative, adaptive, detail oriented, and forward looking. You will build policies, standards, and processes designed to allow for rapid growth in a secure environment.
Our infrastructure lives in AWS and is maintained with Terraform. We are 100% containerized with Docker, and orchestrated with Kubernetes, and we use Helm to tie it all together in our CircleCI pipelines. We utilize DataDog for application monitoring and alerting.
Our philosophy is that you would be teaching us as much as you'd learn from us. By learning and inspiring others, you'll help cultivate an environment that makes us better at what we do each day.
What you'll be doing:
- You'll create and maintain our public cloud environments using Terraform.
- You'll constantly improve our pipelines for fast and seamless deployments.
- You’ll be managing and deploying Kubernetes clusters on a regular basis.
- You'll setup monitoring, alerting, and dashboards for critical systems in DataDog.
- You'll implement tools to improve developer experience and automate operations.
- You'll work with engineers to provide subject matter expertise and contribute to all aspects of architecture, networking, and databases.
- You'll contribute your insights across teams to help us improve existing systems for scale, security and extensibility.
- You'll write and manage least privilege IAM policies for applications and users.
- You'll help plan and execute an infrastructure roadmap, collaborating with stakeholders across teams.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ Years of experience in an SRE or DevOps role in a financial or technology startup.
- 2+ Years of software engineering experience building scalable web applications
- 2+ Years of experience with AWS IAM, networking, database and computer services.
- 2+ Years of experience with Linux, shell, and bash scripting.
- 2+ Years of experience with Kubernetes, Docker and Terraform.
- Have a risk-averse mindset with it comes to production data, access and security.
- Have an experimental mindset when it comes to improving our infrastructure.
- A passion for finding an elegant solution to complex problems.
- When you see something broken, you can't help but fix it.
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written.
- You’re a self-directed and self-motivated individual comfortable working with diverse teams.
- BIG BONUS: AWS Certifications
What we do for you:
- Unlimited PTO… no really, we want you to take it! Recharge your batteries!
- Mental Health Breaks - company provided meditation app and a weekly wellness hour
- WFH stipend to help you work your best while being remote
- Tons of options for Medical, Dental and Vision plans … we are an insurtech company after all!
- Equity and 401K
- Generous parental leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information, visit https://www.sureapp.com/. Follow @SureHQ on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Employment at Sure is contingent upon a satisfactory verification of a general and criminal background check and education and employment verification. Upon an offer of employment, all prospective employees may be required to complete an employment application. Any background verifications will be obtained with written consent from the individual.