Software Engineering, Quality Assurance
Posted on Thursday, November 26, 2020
Join a leading insurtech company that is unlocking the potential of digital insurance to help everyone protect what matters most! Are you up for the challenge?
Sure was founded in 2015 and is the digital insurance platform that empowers brands and carriers to distribute products quickly. Our solutions reach and engage customers wherever they are on their journey. We are on a mission to provide a hassle-free way to buy insurance anywhere by powering insurance carriers and brands with our SaaS platform. Together we are building products that make digital insurance accessible to all.
🤝 Culture is everything. Join an incredible team of smart, passionate, collaborative and driven individuals. We empower our teams and promote autonomy and independence wherever we can.
🌐 We are remote first. Work from anywhere in the United States.
🏆 Strive for greatness. We’ve been named 13th Fastest Growing Company by Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Best Place to Work in 2022 by Built In and recognized for Transforming the Global Insurance Industry by InsurTech 100.
💰Funding. In October 2021, we raised $100M in our Series C with a $550M valuation.
We are looking for a technical QA Engineer to join our current team. You will provide expertise in areas of manual and automation testing to improve practices, tools, and processes. You will work collaboratively across the entire engineering organization and help ensure best practices with other QA engineers on the team.
Your effective communication and autonomy will help drive a stronger workflow amongst our small distributed team. Our philosophy is that you would be teaching us as much as you'd learn from us. By learning and inspiring others, you'll help cultivate an environment that makes us better at what we do each day.
What you'll be working on:
- Perform a variety of manual tests including UI tests, regression tests, and exploratory tests
- Write and maintain automated tests for projects
- Demonstrate strong understanding of test plans (test cases, test scenarios, testing cadence, and test execution)
- Manage project progress to ensure timely delivery
- Ensure that all identified issues are well documented and followed-up on where needed
- Collaborate with the product, design, and engineering teams to ensure accurate project execution
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in QA
- Previous experience working in a QA team environment, writing manual and automated test cases, and performing tests
- Familiarity with project management and bug tracking tools (e.g. Testrail, JIRA)
- A good understanding of web technologies
- Self-sufficiency in managing work to meet goals and deadlines
- Excellent English communication and the ability to effectively explain technical concepts in a clear and concise way
What we do for you:
- Unlimited PTO… no really, we want you to take it!
- Mental Health Breaks - company provided meditation app and a weekly wellness hour
- WFH stipend to help you work your best while being remote
- Countless Medical, Dental and Vision plans … we are an insurtech company after all!
- Equity and 401K
- Generous parental leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information, visit https://www.sureapp.com/. Follow @SureHQ on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Employment at Sure is contingent upon a satisfactory verification of a general and criminal background check and education and employment verification. Upon an offer of employment, all prospective employees may be required to complete an employment application. Any background verifications will be obtained with written consent from the individual.