Business Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2023
Join a leading insurtech company that is unlocking the potential of digital insurance to help everyone protect what matters most! Are you up for the challenge?
Sure was founded in 2015 and is the digital insurance platform that empowers brands and carriers to distribute products quickly. Our solutions reach and engage customers wherever they are on their journey. We are on a mission to provide a hassle-free way to buy insurance anywhere by powering insurance carriers and brands with our SaaS platform. Together we are building products that make digital insurance accessible to all.
🤝 Culture is everything. Join an incredible team of smart, passionate, collaborative and driven individuals. We empower our teams and promote autonomy and independence wherever we can.
🌐 We are remote first. Work from anywhere in the United States.
🏆 Strive for greatness. We’ve been named 13th Fastest Growing Company by Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Best Place to Work in 2023 by Built In and recognized for Transforming the Global Insurance Industry by InsurTech 100.
💰Funding. In October 2021, we raised $100M in our Series C with a $550M valuation.
We are looking to expand our team and looking for an exceptional Business Development Representative to continue building our exceptional base of customers. As a new addition to the Strategic Partnerships Team, you will be the first point of contact for prospective customers and initiate exploratory outreach with potential customers like Farmers Insurance, Mastercard, Toyota, and more. Your efforts will result in a full sales pipeline of customers across verticals including insurance, automotive, financial services and technology, enterprise software, real estate and more. To be successful, you will have a track record of over-quota achievement, and have grown an impressive pipeline of business as a result of outbound prospecting, creativity, and simple hard work.
What you'll be doing:
- Outbound sales and lead generation using multiple channels, including calls, emails, social media and events
- Maintain an understanding of the competitive market space and how to effectively position our product offerings
- Study prospect data and marketing insights to identify new business opportunities
- Help to qualify, nurture and convert inbound leads and referrals
- Partner with our VP of Sales to understand the partner’s business strategy, challenges and opportunities to manage leads pipeline, sales metrics and related reporting
- Work closely with the Strategic Partnerships Lead and Marketing to optimize outreach strategy
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years’ experience in SaaS sales, business development or partnerships.
- Prior experience working within the insurance, fintech, banking, payments, automotive or similar industries
- A track record of identifying strategic opportunities
- Experience managing sales pipelines using CRM software, such as Salesforce, Hubspot
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to flourish in a high-growth startup environment with ambiguity and work autonomously
- Keen interest to develop a career in a high-performing Strategic Partnerships team
- A data-driven strategic thinker, a proactive go-getter, a resourceful team player
What we do for you:
- Unlimited PTO… no really, we want you to take it!
- Mental Health Breaks - company provided meditation app and a weekly wellness hour
- WFH stipend to help you work your best while being remote
- Countless Medical, Dental and Vision plans … we are an insurtech company after all!
- Equity and 401K
- Generous parental leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information, visit https://www.sureapp.com/. Follow @SureHQ on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Employment at Sure is contingent upon a satisfactory verification of a general and criminal background check and education and employment verification. Upon an offer of employment, all prospective employees may be required to complete an employment application. Any background verifications will be obtained with written consent from the individual.