VP of Corporate Development and Strategy
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2023
Join a leading insurtech company that is unlocking the potential of digital insurance to help everyone protect what matters most! Are you up for the challenge?
Sure was founded in 2015 and is the digital insurance platform that empowers brands and carriers to distribute products quickly. Our solutions reach and engage customers wherever they are on their journey. We are on a mission to provide a hassle-free way to buy insurance anywhere by powering insurance carriers and brands with our SaaS platform. Together we are building products that make digital insurance accessible to all.
🤝 Culture is everything. Join an incredible team of smart, passionate, collaborative and driven individuals. We empower our teams and promote autonomy and independence wherever we can.
🌐 We are remote first. Work from anywhere in the United States.
🏆 Strive for greatness. We’ve been named 13th Fastest Growing Company by Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Best Place to Work in 2023 by Built In and recognized for Transforming the Global Insurance Industry by InsurTech 100.
💰Funding. In October 2021, we raised $100M in our Series C with a $550M valuation.
The VP of Corporate Development and Strategy will play a pivotal role in driving Sure’s growth through the creation and expansion and of high-impact partnerships and the actualization of significant revenue. Working closely with our executive leaders, you personify our partnership strategy by showcasing your expertise in building and nurturing transformative alliances, elevating Sure’s brand with strategic business opportunities, and analytical thinking to identify the critical market opportunities to help us achieve our mission.
Your primary objective will be to drive revenue-generating relationships with global brands and insurance companies. This includes building on our existing enterprise partnerships, identifying, cultivating new partnerships, and exploring strategic alliances within the broader insurtech landscape.
This highly visible position demands a business leader with exceptional communication skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and an unwavering commitment to the development of Sure’s partnerships and corporate strategy.
What you'll be doing:
- Be responsible for managing and expanding our existing partnerships, while implementing processes and strategies to improve how we find, onboard, and manage strategic relationships to drive substantial revenue and demand
- Collaborate various departments within the organization, including executive management and division heads, gaining exposure to a wide array of projects across different sectors of insurtech landscape
- Construct a well-defined framework for executing on our partnerships strategy that allows Sure to systematically acquire more partnerships that generate meaningful revenue
- Continually identify ways to improve results and partner engagement including evaluating current partner contracts, identify areas for improvement, define and refine partner incentives, rev share agreements, and /or commissions to optimize results
- Execute your partnerships strategy and shown material growth in the number of deals and accounts where partner leads, funding, etc. have fueled success
- Conduct business and financial analysis to evaluate performance, determine and prioritize opportunities, and drive successful execution
- Develop a thorough understanding of our clients’ business objectives and recommend solutions that meet or exceed client expectations while still aligning with Sure’s corporate strategy.
- Engage with our partners, provide product insights, and resolve issues
- Coordinate and manage projects to successful delivery, on time
- Liaise between our accounts and our teams to ensure smooth operations delivery
- Ensure compliance with company standards and procedures
What we're looking for:
- Minimum 6 years of post-MBA work experience with a proven track record in driving growth of existing Enterprise partnerships and supporting corporate strategy
- 2-5 years of management consulting experience at a top-tier firm (e.g., McKinsey, Bain, BCG) with experience across, strategy, corporate development and operations
- Experience establishing, growing and sustaining high-impact, revenue-generating relationships
- Leadership experience, including responsibility for business results in a fast-paced, multi-function environment.
- Communication is at the core of this central business role and you must be a strong communicator able to work with a wide range of stakeholders from senior executives to individual contributors
- Comfortable managing changing priorities, learning new skills, and building consensus across varied senior stakeholder groups
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills and the ability to manage project scope and changes
- Good judgement and the ability to identify and mitigate risk
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including sales, product management, project management and engineering
- Excellent time management skills and can demonstrate a planned and organized approach to projects
What we do for you:
- Unlimited PTO… no really, we want you to take it!
- Mental Health Breaks - company provided meditation app and a weekly wellness hour
- WFH stipend to help you work your best while being remote
- Countless Medical, Dental and Vision plans … we are an insurtech company after all!
- Equity and 401K
- Generous parental leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information, visit https://www.sureapp.com/. Follow @SureHQ on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Employment at Sure is contingent upon a satisfactory verification of a general and criminal background check and education and employment verification. Upon an offer of employment, all prospective employees may be required to complete an employment application. Any background verifications will be obtained with written consent from the individual.