Senior Security Engineer
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2021
Join a leading insurtech company that is unlocking the potential of digital insurance to help everyone protect what matters most! Are you up for the challenge?
Sure was founded in 2015 and is the digital insurance platform that empowers brands and carriers to distribute products quickly. Our solutions reach and engage customers wherever they are on their journey. We are on a mission to provide a hassle-free way to buy insurance anywhere by powering insurance carriers and brands with our SaaS platform. Together we are building products that make digital insurance accessible to all.
🤝 Culture is everything. Join an incredible team of smart, passionate, collaborative and driven individuals. We empower our teams and promote autonomy and independence wherever we can.
🌐 We are remote first. Work from anywhere in the United States. #LI-Remote
🏆 Strive for greatness. We’ve been named 13th Fastest Growing Company by Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Best Place to Work in 2022 by Built In and recognized for Transforming the Global Insurance Industry by InsurTech 100.
💰Funding. In October 2021, we raised $100M in our Series C with a $550M valuation.
As a Senior Security Engineer, you will help design, maintain and evolve the security program to protect Sure from external and internal threats. You are hands on, collaborative, adaptive, detail oriented and thrive in a rapid growth environment. The ideal candidate is well-rounded in multiple security disciplines.
Our philosophy is that you would be teaching us as much as you’d learn from us. By learning and inspiring others, you’ll help cultivate an environment that makes us better at what we do each day.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with stakeholders across teams, implement and enforce appropriate polices and procedures.
- Maintain our security monitoring solutions and make changes when needed to improve visibility or relevancy of alerting.
- Work with engineers to provide subject matter expertise and contribute to all aspects of architecture, authentication, system security and software design.
- Administer security-related infrastructure and applications, such as intrusion detection/prevention systems, EDR, SEIM, firewalls and vulnerability scanners.
- Automate security processes and infrastructure when possible.
- Continuously review the design and efficiency of application security controls and develop a program of continuous security improvement relating to SDLC.
- Partner with developers to develop and implement application security standards, patterns and guidelines that support ongoing deliveries.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, and standards in support of security enhancement and development efforts.
- Maintain existing and develop new security policies and procedures
- Participate in annual compliance audit activities
- Help plan and execute a security roadmap.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of InfoSec role in a financial or technology startup.
- Experience securing and utilizing cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Experience hardening and monitoring a Kubernetes cluster.
- Strong knowledge of web application design, development and testing techniques.
- Proficiency in scripting languages, such as Python or Bash.
- Self-directed and self-motivated individuals comfortable working with diverse teams.
- Experience hardening MacOS and Linux Systems, with strong technical understanding of operating system internals.
- Experience with SOC2/PCI/HIPAA/ISO 27001 audits is a plus.
- Experience implementing security and control frameworks.
- Experience responding to security incidents.
What we do for you:
- Unlimited PTO… no really, we want you to take it!
- Mental Health Breaks - company provided meditation app and a weekly wellness hour
- WFH stipend to help you work your best while being remote
- Countless Medical, Dental and Vision plans … we are an insurtech company after all!
- Equity and 401K
- Generous parental leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information, visit https://www.sureapp.com/. Follow @SureHQ on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Employment at Sure is contingent upon a satisfactory verification of a general and criminal background check and education and employment verification. Upon an offer of employment, all prospective employees may be required to complete an employment application. Any background verifications will be obtained with written consent from the individual.