Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Friday, January 7, 2022
Join a leading insurtech company that is unlocking the potential of digital insurance to help everyone protect what matters most! Are you up for the challenge?
Sure was founded in 2015 and is the digital insurance platform that empowers brands and carriers to distribute products quickly. Our solutions reach and engage customers wherever they are on their journey. We are on a mission to provide a hassle-free way to buy insurance anywhere by powering insurance carriers and brands with our SaaS platform. Together we are building products that make digital insurance accessible to all.
🤝 Culture is everything. Join an incredible team of smart, passionate, collaborative and driven individuals. We empower our teams and promote autonomy and independence wherever we can.
🌐 We are remote first. Work from anywhere in the United States. #LI-Remote
🏆 Strive for greatness. We’ve been named 13th Fastest Growing Company by Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Best Place to Work in 2022 by Built In and recognized for Transforming the Global Insurance Industry by InsurTech 100.
💰Funding. In October 2021, we raised $100M in our Series C with a $550M valuation.
As an Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the implementation, design, development, and technical quality of the product. Within this position, you will be working with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality code and best practices. Along with that, you will mentor and support your distributed team of frontend and backend engineers. You are expected to have a full understanding of building systems with high availability that grow at scale for our SaaS platform.
You will work on high-impact initiatives with Sure's world-renowned SaaS partners such as Mastercard, Farmers Insurance, and Toyota. You will also act as the Technical Subject Matter Expert role on partner calls, helping to guide technical conversations with external stakeholders and ensuring internal alignment on project implementation and release strategies.
Our philosophy is that you would be teaching us as much as you’d learn from us. By learning and inspiring others, you’ll help cultivate an environment that makes us better at what we do each day.
What you’ll be doing:
- You'll act as a hands on lead to support a distributed team of frontend and backend engineers
- You'll contribute to all aspects of the software process: including architecture, specification reviews, automated testing, implementation, code reviews, debugging, and documentation
- You'll collaborate with cross-departmental team leads and stakeholders in order to drive the engineering roadmap and priorities for your team
- You'll communicate with dependencies and stake holders across the company
- You'll mentor and coach engineers to facilitate growth and career advancement
- You'll guide technical discussions with external stakeholders, third-party vendors, and partners
- You'll lead technical discussions within the engineering team to ensure a high level of excellence, performance, and stability within our software
- You'll encourage strong coding best practices, guidelines, and standards throughout the team
- You'll assist with hiring and interviewing, including reviewing code challenges
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of hands-on engineering management experience involving overseeing direct reports
- A deep understanding of and experience in using APIs and REST
- Experience shipping successful products and features
- Experience with high level systems architecture and design
- A player-coach mentality of leading by example
- Skilled communication skills with the ability to collaborate both with internal team members and external partners
What we do for you:
- Unlimited PTO… no really, we want you to take it!
- Mental Health Breaks - company provided meditation app and a weekly wellness hour
- WFH stipend to help you work your best while being remote
- Countless Medical, Dental and Vision plans … we are an insurtech company after all!
- Equity and 401K
- Generous parental leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information, visit https://www.sureapp.com/. Follow @SureHQ on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Employment at Sure is contingent upon a satisfactory verification of a general and criminal background check and education and employment verification. Upon an offer of employment, all prospective employees may be required to complete an employment application. Any background verifications will be obtained with written consent from the individual.