Surf Air Mobility is building a world where air travel is the most sustainable, affordable, comfortable, quiet, and fastest way to travel any distance. We have brought all the pieces together to accelerate the next great revolution in aviation: electric flight. By unlocking affordable, more sustainable, personalized air transportation for everyone, Surf Air Mobility promises to bring aviation into the modern age.
There are two primary departments that work closely together: Marketplace and Air Operations. We are looking for talented individuals that are passionate about shaping the future of air mobility and inventing something the world has never seen before.
The position of Paralegal reports the Head of Legal Operations splitting time equally between matters related to legal operations and general corporate law. The position will also have the opportunity to interact with various business groups at the Company, including, but not limited to: Finance, Tax, Investor Relations, Corporate Development, Marketing and Human Resources.
Our ideal candidate enjoys working closely and regularly with other members of the Legal team, has the ability to multi-task and manage various projects simultaneously while handling much of the administration and billing needs associated with the department. Our new team member should bring to the table high amounts of energy, take great pride in their work and have an eagerness to learn new skills.
- Manage the billing for the department and liaise with the external resources on billing matters
- Assist with the preparation of Board and corporate governance related documents
- Manage the Company’s entity portfolio
- Special due diligence projects
- Administer legal holds
- Other duties and special projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree
- Expert in WORD and PowerPoint with strong skills in EXCEL
- Preferred minimum 2 years of prior experience as a corporate paralegal for a major law firm, public reporting company or financial services institution but not a deal breaker
Areas of Interest and Intrinsic Competencies
- Must appreciate a highly detail-oriented, “fast moving” team with long hours from time-to-time.
- Must be proactive with a high degree of initiative and organizational skills, and be able to work independently as well as part of a team
Pay: $90,000-110,000/yr + Bonus
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
At Surf Air Mobility, we are committed to building a more inclusive ecosystem that integrates women, people of color, and other underrepresented groups into the cleantech sector and aerospace industry. We strongly encourage applications from qualified applicants and members of underrepresented groups. Surf Air Mobility is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Surf Air Mobility is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?