Designer, Brand and Content
Surf Air Mobility is building a world where air travel is the most sustainable, affordable, comfortable, quiet, and fastest way to travel any distance. We have brought all the pieces together to accelerate the next great revolution in aviation: electric flight. By unlocking affordable, more sustainable, personalized air transportation for everyone, Surf Air Mobility promises to bring aviation into the modern age.
There are two primary departments that work closely together: Marketplace and Air Operations. We are looking for talented individuals that are passionate about shaping the future of air mobility and inventing something the world has never seen before.
Surf Air Mobility represents the sense of adventure, discovery, and gateway to new possibilities – where entrepreneurship is a cult and changes the way people experience the world. We want to turn the world of aviation on its head and believe the only way to do so is by being bold and new. Nothing is sacred and in fact we want to change everything that slows people down. Innovation and creativity are what we thrive on.
Surf Air is seeking an accomplished Designer for its brand and content initiatives to join its team to help transform the future of air travel. The Designer will be responsible for all design needs of the Marketing & Brand departments. The right candidate will have direct experience designing the full spectrum of marketing creative assets and formats, including: emails, ads, print collateral, videos, signage, decks, web, and more.
With at least 5 years experience designing marketing-specific projects, the ideal candidate will be able to leverage Surf Air’s existing brand guidelines and create elevated materials that inspire and support our aspirational aesthetic.
The designer will report to, and work alongside the VP of Marketing and the Director of Marketing.
- Produce consistently excellent visual work
- Create and design various materials for digital and print
- Primary creative assets include: emails, ads, print collateral, videos, signage, decks, and web
- Establish creative content direction for the company within brand guidelines
- Ensure projects are completed on time
- Optimize files and formats for respective channel requirements
- Proficient with photography preferred, but not required
- Managing creative assets folders, including photography and video assets
- Coordinates with internal teams, including marketing, in the design concept phase through completion of a project
- Coordination with outside agencies
- Minimum 4 years of experience directly with marketing design
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a creative field
- Proficiency in programs such as Figma, Adobe Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Able to take direction and react to feedback from multiple stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and some copywriting proficiency
- Time management and organizational skills
- Comfortable with video editing and associated software
Pay: $60,000-80,000/yr + Bonus
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
At Surf Air Mobility, we are committed to building a more inclusive ecosystem that integrates women, people of color, and other underrepresented groups into the cleantech sector and aerospace industry. We strongly encourage applications from qualified applicants and members of underrepresented groups. Surf Air Mobility is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Surf Air Mobility is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.