Data Operations Specialist
Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
Data Operations Specialist
Voxy is an innovative corporate training solution that has been used successfully by hundreds of corporate clients around the world to upskill their teams. Our AI-driven platform, accessed both on desktop and any mobile device, allows each learner to follow a fully personalized and highly engaging learning experience. Voxy’s comprehensive content library covers more than 45 technical and soft skill courses and 25,000+ English lessons taken from renowned resources such as the AP, the Financial Times, Bloomberg, and more. Voxy courses are accompanied by certified teachers who offer round-the-clock, remote live instruction, empowering people to improve communication, foster collaboration, and grow global businesses. Our scalable solution, facilitated by our comprehensive admin reporting dashboard, results in an effortlessly inclusive program, designed to drive results for modern learners. You can see more details about our values here.
Backed by leading investors in education and technology, Voxy was founded in New York City and has teams across Brazil, Chile, Europe, Mexico, Malaysia, Thailand and the U.S. We believe that learning a language should be fun, rewarding, and a gateway to the best experiences life has to offer. If you agree, we’d love to talk.
The Data Operations Specialist will be responsible for department data in Tableau, managing online teacher operations including: reports, payroll, scheduling of lessons and mapping peak demand times in order to propose increases and reductions accordingly.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced Data Operations Specialist that is interested in helping us break down the world’s language barriers through English language education. The successful candidate will be crucial in helping us reach this goal by managing our Live Instruction Operations with teachers all around the globe providing private and group classes in our online platform. This person will report to the Director of Live Instruction.
Here at Voxy we share team values to Start with Empathy, Communicate Courageously, Dig Deep, Own Your Outcomes, Ask Why, and Think Bigger. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse hiring process and team.
- Be responsible for department data in Tableau
- Manage key business process and data points across our systems
- Interpret data, analyze results and provide ongoing insights and reports
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Collaborate with Live Instruction team and group of teachers worldwide
- Identify and implement potential cross-departmental process improvements
- Own the generation and upkeep of process documentation related to your projects and key business data points
- Partner with Finance, Product, and Support
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 3+ years of professional experience in data operations
- Strong quantitative skills including expertise in Tableau and Excel
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-starter, good organization and prioritization skills
- English fluency, including strong writing skills. All team-wide and company-wide communication is in English.
Nice to Haves
- Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Engineering.
- Fluency in Spanish or other languages
- Background or interest in EdTech, language learning, or education in general
In addition to a rewarding job that that will directly impact how millions of students learn English, working here, you’ll enjoy:
- Remote opportunity (be based in Brazil)
- Competitive salary (CLT Contract) and stock options
- Great benefits: medical insurance, cell phone & wifi reimbursement, home office & wellness budget, team events
- Remote friendly work policies
- Professional development budget
- HONE Membership - live training platform with programs designed for leaders, managers and individual contributors(ICs) to develop skills to succeed in the workplace
- Language classes w/ Voxy & Fluentify
- Work with an awesome international team of super bright, creative, talented, and passionate individuals based around the world
- Time Zones: ET(Eastern Time), BRT(Brasilia Time), SAMT(Samara Standard Time), Central European Time (CET)
We believe in a workplace that is meant for everyone. Voxy is an equal opportunity employer.
Voxy believes that a creative, engaged and diverse team can transform the market and positively impact people's lives through education. We are sure that the mission of building the most effective way to learn English is done with a plurality of ideas and points of view, which is why we work to promote Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives in our company.
In addition to training, benchmarking, and community partnerships, we also work in alignment with our internal DEI Committee.
As a reflection of our beliefs around inclusion in the workplace, our selection process has no restrictions; our goal is to assemble a diverse team that will help us be leaders in our market.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Learn more about our DEI initiatives and ERGs by clicking here.