Teacher Operations Assistant (Spanish)
Santiago, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
Voxy, founded in 2010, is a trailblazing language training platform tailored to meet the specific language needs of international organizations. With a mission to enhance productivity, foster collaboration, and unleash human potential, Voxy has established itself as a global leader in the field of corporate language education. With a robust foundation and an ever-evolving vision, Voxy has supported corporate clients across 150 countries by delivering live language coaching led by certified instructors and an expansive library of role-specific courses that bridge critical soft and technical skill gaps.
Today, Voxy's impact spans the globe, with dedicated teams operating across multiple regions, including the United States, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Thailand, Malaysia, Spain, Italy, and Ireland. Originally focused on providing English language instruction, Voxy has evolved to offer an array of languages, including Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, German, and French, catering to a diverse range of learners.
We believe that learning a language should be fun, rewarding, and a gateway to the best experiences life has to offer. If you agree, we’d love to talk.
You can see more details about our values here (https://voxy.com/about/careers/)
Team at Voxy
We are looking for a passionate, experienced Teacher Operations Assistant that is interested in helping us break down the world’s language barriers through language education. The successful candidate will be crucial in helping us reach this goal by supporting Live Instruction Operations with the hiring of qualified Spanish teachers for our online platform. This person will report to the Director of Live Instruction.
Here at Voxy we share team values to Start with Empathy, Communicate Courageously, Dig Deep, Own Your Outcomes, Ask Why, and Think Bigger. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse hiring process and team.
This role is an independent contractor position requiring 20 hours per week, Monday-Friday, with scheduling flexibility as long as targets are met.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Coordinating the recruitment and hiring process for teachers, using Lever to field, contact, and interview qualified candidates and make decisions regarding candidates, approaches to recruitment in specific areas, etc.
- Monitoring the QA process for Spanish classes with our Quality Coordinator, ensuring our classes are meeting our internal standards for quality and creating action plans for situations where individual support or group training is needed.
- Providing ongoing academic support for Spanish teachers as they plan and teach 1-1 and group Spanish classes.
- Collaborating with other Live Instruction team members on projects related to the Spanish language program at Voxy
- Curating, creating, and managing a content library for classroom materials in Spanish, creating and attaching class outlines to resources.
- Monitoring teachers’ contributions to the content library for timeliness and quality, and keep the content library organized and accessible to teachers
What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years of experience teaching Spanish
- English fluency, including strong writing skills. All team-wide and company-wide communication is in English.
- Fluency in Spanish
- Previous experience in a professional role with administrative duties
- Strong people skills that make it easy to relate to candidates, teachers, and team members from a variety of backgrounds and cultures
- Strong organizational skills that facilitate the coordination of several ongoing processes, the reporting of results and providing status updates, and prioritizing tasks.
What Would Be Nice To Have:
- Degree in Education, specific to Spanish
- Background or interest in EdTech, language learning, or education in general
This position is a match for you if:
- You love interacting with new people
- You enjoy using creative approaches to solve problems
- You enjoy collaborating with a team of motivated and talented people.
We believe in a workplace that is meant for everyone. Voxy is an equal opportunity employer.
Voxy believes that a creative, engaged and diverse team can transform the market and positively impact people's lives through education. We are sure that the mission of building the most effective way to learn English is done with a plurality of ideas and points of view, which is why we work to promote Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives in our company.
In addition to training, benchmarking, and community partnerships, we also work in alignment with our internal DEI Committee.
As a reflection of our beliefs around inclusion in the workplace, our selection process has no restrictions; our goal is to assemble a diverse team that will help us be leaders in our market.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Learn more about our DEI initiatives and ERGs by clicking here.